Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about BitMe

Hey all, I hope this is an appropriate place to ask this question.

Can someone tell me what I would realistically need to show BitMe in their IRC channel in order to get an invite? (I heard of this being an option, not sure if it's true)

Otherwise what do you guys think would be required from me to receive an invite from a member?

Ever since TBT went offline I have been looking for a way to get into bitme.org. I am in second year university and the cost of textbooks is wearing on me. On top of that, I enjoy learning about other subjects as well, particularly the sciences... I admit I am a geek. I also enjoy discovering how things around me work and am always on the lookout to learn cool new things about our world. I hope to finish my studies with as little debt as possible and as much knowledge as I can fit in before I head out into the field.

Thank you for any tips/suggestions/etc...

quicksilver

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilver View Post

Can someone tell me what I would realistically need to show BitMe in their IRC channel in order to get an invite? (I heard of this being an option, not sure if it's true)

Otherwise what do you guys think would be required from me to receive an invite from a member?

Ever since TBT went offline I have been looking for a way to get into bitme.org. I am in second year university and the cost of textbooks is wearing on me. On top of that, I enjoy learning about other subjects as well, particularly the sciences... I admit I am a geek. I also enjoy discovering how things around me work and am always on the lookout to learn cool new things about our world. I hope to finish my studies with as little debt as possible and as much knowledge as I can fit in before I head out into the field.

quicksilver
    Hi, the IRC approach does work. You don't really need to show anything. You just need to invest some time so they become familiar with you.

Also, just to let you know.. I'm on BitMe and it's really not all that great for ebooks (including University textbooks). I think the problem is that the site limits your total number of slots to 5 if you are user and 20 if you are power user. It's just not possible for people with 100's of ebooks to keep them all seeded and alive and what happens is that older (less popular) torrents die easily. It is still an amazing resource and is espeically good for video tutorials but I am able to find many more academic books on sites like what.cd, waffles.fm and on eMule

gl

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    I guess it does not work anymore. Just visited the channel...
    OFFICIAL BITME CHANNEL Best e-Learning site ever!Do not ask for invites here (or anywhere for that matter).

Nonetheless thank you for your post DakotaJune
    Last edited by quicksilver; 01-04-2009 at 04:56 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    I guess it does not work anymore. Just visited the channel...
    OFFICIAL BITME CHANNEL Best e-Learning site ever!Do not ask for invites here (or anywhere for that matter).
    Yeah, you can't directly ask for an invite. If you want to get an invite through IRC, you have to hang around the channel for a few days, get to know the mods etc and then one day one of them may offer you an invite.. if you want to go that route, it's a time investment

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24

quicksilver
    man, be active around here and show your true self. if that is one that appeals someone with invites you should get there.
    Last bitme request i saw, was attended in less than 30 minutes. it was a pity it wasn't me as i ran out of invites and i never know when they show up. but another good member here was there and he took care of it.
    just don't expect with 20 posts in 14 months to be suddenly invited there, it simply won't happen.

*tip* BT rep doesn't always count toward your chances in succeeding when requesting something.
    *tip* from the nearly 86.000 users that ever registered at bitme, 67.228 were banned/disabled
    *tip* from your 20 posts, 15 of them were requesting sites makes one think what kind of asset you are to this community.

going to IRC and waiting around is what i consider a true e-dick sucking, don't do that, unless you are desperate and doesn't bother you to suck their dick and beg.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-04-2009 at 05:40 AM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    True, BitMe isn't the best as Ebooks are concerned.
    I suggest you go for easier to get trackers, like Elbitz (they open signups quite often), they have lots of ebooks.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    apextwin146's Avatar You kNow wHo yOu aRe BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    True, BitMe isn't the best as Ebooks are concerned.
    I suggest you go for easier to get trackers, like Elbitz (they open signups quite often), they have lots of ebooks.
    Seconded (or +1)(or Rapidshare)
    You could try sites like esnipz etc ..

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post

quicksilver
    man, be active around here and show your true self. if that is one that appeals someone with invites you should get there.
    Last bitme request i saw, was attended in less than 30 minutes. it was a pity it wasn't me as i ran out of invites and i never know when they show up. but another good member here was there and he took care of it.
    just don't expect with 20 posts in 14 months to be suddenly invited there, it simply won't happen.

*tip* BT rep doesn't always count toward your chances in succeeding when requesting something.
    *tip* from the nearly 86.000 users that ever registered at bitme, 67.228 were banned/disabled
    *tip* from your 20 posts, 15 of them were requesting sites makes one think what kind of asset you are to this community.

going to IRC and waiting around is what i consider a true e-dick sucking, don't do that, unless you are desperate and doesn't bother you to suck their dick and beg.
    Saw that one coming, but thank you. I know you are right, I am not very active here and my posts here have been mostly requests but I've helped several people via PM. I've also considered giving away invites however most of my trackers are against that sort of thing and I don't want to lose them over something like that. If people want to check my credibility though I can certainly prove it to them some other way.

I am not going to sit around the IRC and "e-suck" their dick lol because thats simply just low. I thought there would be some sort of application process with interviews and whatnot.

Nonetheless I will try and help out here a bit more rather than just lurk and think to myself, I will post

Thank you everyone for your tips as well, but warez especially is not my thing. Rapidshare and I, we don't get along...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i might be able to help you next time i get invites if you're still 'active' in the forum.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Thank you for your kind offer cinephillia. I am looking around where I can help members

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast