Thread: Win2k Custom Install

Hey, I have been looking everywhere for this one and can't seem to find a solution. I have integrated SP4 into my Windows 2000 Pro CD, but there's one more thing Im trying to do.

I am trying to include driver support for my ATA controller. It is an onboard controller, and my primary hard drive is connected to it. However, when I boot from the Windows installation CD, the drivers are not on there, so every time I install, I have to make a floppy disk that has the drivers on it. I would like to include the drivers on the CD, so that they would automatically load when the CD is booted. Does anyone know how I would go about this?

Thanks..

- : | Sibre | : -

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    There might be a slipstream command similar to the servicepack or you could try just dropping it into the drivers folder before you burn. I dunno, MS probably has a plan. Or does windows beta have a forum? maybe ask there.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I can't find a slipstream command to put drivers into the installation. I have read about including files on the cd and installing them using the $OEM$ string. That's not what I want, though. Someone's gotta know how to do this.

- : | Sibre | : -