Thread: Help With Ethors

Ghostbusters's Avatar Ectoplasmic
    ok here's the deal when I try and log into my Ethors account it says username & password incorrect, so I hit the recover my details button throw in my registered email address and it comes back to me in french saying "ok cool no problem dude we'll fire you off an email to let you reset your password it'll take a couple of minutes" (apologies for the paraphrasing, J'ais parle merde Francias) anyway I never recieve the email, can anyone throw some light on what might be going on or provide me with their IRC details I've searched the forums but couldn't find anything

Baby On The Way OMFG !

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Im sure youve thought of this, but check your spam box in your email. Also, this happened to me once and what it was doing was thinking that I was still registered (had my email address in the recover database) even though my account (and email) were disabled... so it said it was sending me an email but my email wasnt in the account database to send the recovery to.

long story short, my account was gone. Good luck
    Last edited by puckface; 01-04-2009 at 05:20 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Im sure youve thought of this, but check your spam box in your email. Also, this happened to me once and what it was doing was thinking that I was still registered (had my email address in the recover database) even though my account (and email) were disabled... so it said it was sending me an email but my email wasnt in the account database to send the recovery to.

long story short, my account was gone. Good luck
    Yeah that kinda makes sense, thanks for your reply...

Baby On The Way OMFG !

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Fwiw, bitme did the same thing with my pruned account. I never got the email as promised....

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    Fwiw, bitme did the same thing with my pruned account. I never got the email as promised....
    Looks like there could be a problem with the standard password recovery script, as puckface said it doesn't appear to be checking the email address table before returning a message

Baby On The Way OMFG !

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Actually I think he too is saying that your account has been pruned, but it is just giving you the standard "sent" message.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    Actually I think he too is saying that your account has been pruned, but it is just giving you the standard "sent" message.
    Exactly so it looks like there is a problem with the script

Baby On The Way OMFG !

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    pm me your username there and i'll check if you're still in the user db.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.