Thread: So, How About Some Instructions...

mjfmn
    I was a Kazaa regular user for years, switched to Klite to save spyware issues. Over the past few years I downloaded a nice collection of the top 100 pop/rock songs of each year since 1955, I'm very proud of it. After I got back on hi-speed connection a couple months ago, I felt I owed it to leave my pc on and share the collection with the world. Well, the RIAA popup warning message came while I was at work, my wife saw it and freaked. I decided not to share, at least not at that time. But I'm feelin' pretty guilty here - receiving without giving, know what I mean?

I've read countless posts here about blocking IP's, etc. - can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to open up my pc with Klite that will keep me safe from persecution, or at least as safe as I can be? I'm using K++ edition 2.0.3

Thank you very much!

Mike

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    I was a Kazaa regular user for years, switched to Klite to save spyware issues. Over the past few years I downloaded a nice collection of the top 100 pop/rock songs of each year since 1955, I'm very proud of it. After I got back on hi-speed connection a couple months ago, I felt I owed it to leave my pc on and share the collection with the world. Well, the RIAA popup warning message came while I was at work, my wife saw it and freaked. I decided not to share, at least not at that time. But I'm feelin' pretty guilty here - receiving without giving, know what I mean?

I've read countless posts here about blocking IP's, etc. - can someone please tell me exactly what I need to do to open up my pc with Klite that will keep me safe from persecution, or at least as safe as I can be? I'm using K++ edition 2.0.3

Thank you very much!

Mike
    I would suggest you to upgrade to the new K++ version 2.4.2, available from the K Lite Website
    It has a built in updatable Bad IP Blocker, as well as better privacy, as it blocks users from getting a full list of all your shared files. It also blocks the default port 1214, which RIAA uses for its port scanning.

Then Share Alive !!!

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    Poster
    Also turn off messaging to ignore the goons at the RIAA

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    hcp
    thanks for the tips guys

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by mjfmn@11 September 2003 - 15:05
    I was a Kazaa regular user for years, switched to Klite to save spyware issues.
    It took you years to finally switch to Kazaa Lite?

Like Sparkle1984 suggested, just upgrade to the latest version of K-Lite. It has some privacy features to protect you (not fully&#33 from the RIAA.