Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Using uTorrent WebUI...

Arrow

I have started using uTorrent WebUI (for seedbox purposes)..
    But it is definitely hard to know :
    [1] How to upload files from PC to the server.
    [2] How to create a new torrent from the files downloaded on the server.

Is there no purpose to uTorrent WebUI than using existing torrents ONLY?
    [I have had really hard time googling this stuff, but to no avail]

Help me out plz.!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    john pal's Avatar )-_-( BT Rep: +1
    1. you can upload the files to the server by FTP. 2. Im not sure but you cant create the torrent with WebUi. you must have another program to do it.
    Last edited by john pal; 01-05-2009 at 10:58 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    hotshot6473's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    1. You need to do that through FTP

2. You need to use NX or something to access the seedbox remotely in order to use the actual utorrent program

You use webui in order to check on your files and also you can upload torrent files from the computer you are on so the seedbox will start downloading them

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Like the others have said webgui is just their for you to lightly manage and keep tabs of your torrents. For anything else you probably should use ftp and vnc for more complicated task like uploading. Also, their are sites out there that help you create torrents without going the vnc route. Poke around at FsF to see what you can find about that.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    if your clever with PHP you could make a script to create .torrent files .. its only metadata stored as a bencoded dictionary .. nothing overly complicated that you couldnt figure out ... or i bet someones made a php file of sorts already for that considering how big bittorrent has become ...

then it would just be a case of getting urself a php engine if you dont have one already .. theres a standalone php test platform (forgot the name now google it lol) which uses very little resources and can process php pages without the need for a full blown webserver

6. BitTorrent   -   #6

Urgent

Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Like the others have said webgui is just their for you to lightly manage and keep tabs of your torrents. For anything else you probably should use ftp and vnc for more complicated task like uploading. Also, their are sites out there that help you create torrents without going the vnc route. Poke around at FsF to see what you can find about that.
    If you meant poking around at FsF,
    I have meta-searched the whole website earlier, couldn't find a single thing!
    Still I couldn't get a proper tutorial anywhere

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    1.For download and upload to server user ftp access
    2. for creating a new torrent you have to connect to the server through vnc/nx client and use the utorrent from there...
    hope can be useful

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    You think WebUI is hard, wait until you try rTorrent

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Well, to defined webui you can read the read me file - you might need to retart the utorrent.
    for using FTP - you need to serch for FTP server and install it on your seedbox and then you will have access from your PC to the seedbox.
    For creating torrent file - for each torrent site you need the specific site information for announce

10. BitTorrent   -   #10

Unsure

Well, I have the FTP access and the server space is shared with other users.
    Suppose I have downloaded a 5 GB file over there (on the seedbox) and need to seed it to some private tracker (i know announce url and all)..
    Do I really need to download those 5 GBs on my HD create a torrent, and upload it to webui to seed.(Making the seedbox a real waste of time, denying the whole purpose of using it in the first place? Coz this is what the seedbox provider replied !!)

I have created 100s of torrents on private trackers, but this is my first time with WebUI.

I use WINDOWS XP (not linux )

Quote Originally Posted by Sanka113 View Post
    Also, their are sites out there that help you create torrents without going the vnc route. Poke around at FsF to see what you can find about that.
    Could you share or even hint me
    Last edited by p2pfreak; 01-06-2009 at 02:11 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast