Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Dashboard

jezemy's Avatar Poster
    Has anyone used the new 360 dashboard? any good or just annoying and harder to use?

2. Games   -   #2
    Mutantx's Avatar Dominator BT Rep: +1
    I've used it. Its pretty annoying at first, since you don't really know where anything is. I've never been a big marketplace browser, but I still get lost sometimes when I'm trying to find things.

You get an avatar with your account that you can edit to make look like you.

After a while though its not so bad. The guide button while in games is pretty nice as it added some more features(party feature so you can talk to people in a lobby regardless of the game you're playing).

It is a nuisance when trying to go to recently played players though.

Kind of all over with this post... Hope you could follow it a little.

Overall I would say that I'm pleased with it. And I don't usually like change.

-Mutantx
    Last edited by Mutantx; 01-09-2009 at 10:59 AM.

3. Games   -   #3
    jezemy's Avatar Poster
    Thanks. I ask because I recently got an Xbox and I figured that if there was a new dashboard, I might as well get it as soon as possible and not have to worry about getting used to the new one.

4. Games   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I like that it adds the feature of being able to install a game to the hard drive to run from there instead of the cd drive. The cd drives in these things are like jet engines. :/

5. Games   -   #5
    SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Doesn't it auto update when you sign on to Xbox Live? It did with me, so I was forced, and yes it was very weird dealing with. I had the old dashboard since it was released or when I got it I should say 2006. It is quite different the avatar people are quite dumb, but other than that, I've gotten used to the new NXE and like it now, sort of

Installing games to the HD isn't always a good idea, in fact Call of Duty 4 and many others say not to do this as it slows down the game.
    Last edited by SonsOfLiberty; 01-14-2009 at 04:17 AM.

6. Games   -   #6
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I'm generally pleased with it as well. The added features outweigh the more childish avatar additions and convoluted menus.

If I had a lot of money and didn't torrent, I'd probably love the netflix addition too.
    Kindness goes a long way!

7. Games   -   #7
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    The new dashboard is ok, but i liked the old one primarly because i knew where everything was and i feel it was more simple to use. But im sure its just a question of getting used to the new dashboard.

8. Games   -   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by mamacita View Post
    I'm generally pleased with it as well. The added features outweigh the more childish avatar additions and convoluted menus.

If I had a lot of money and didn't torrent, I'd probably love the netflix addition too.
    Well the Netflilx thing doesn't work yet. Sony pulled all it's movies from it and you can't pick what movies you want to watch from the Xbox, you need to log on via you computer and do it, and the feature isn't ready yet, at least that's what Game Informer is saying.

9. Games   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I didn't like it at first, but I'm getting used to it now. It's cool, quite similar to windows media center but for the xbox

10. Games   -   #10
    And the way it scoll's is the opposite of Playstation's Home T-bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast