Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: WARNING!! Spam infractions make a comeback

mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Great move Detale.

I used to love perusing FST. Sometimes it gave a good laugh, sometimes it was very informative and helpful. I miss Srgnt. Major since he was both at the same time.

Lately though, I've been turned off by the incessant amount of childish bickering and just plain stupidity that is rampant in this section.

I think in fact a lot of people have been turned off by it, as the people I used to enjoy reading or communicating with don't appear to bother posting here anymore.

It's great to see people like Artemis still around and as intellectual as ever.
    Kindness goes a long way!

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    vic's Avatar Poster
    good news.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    here we go, finally

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    good move detale!
    question though, what do you consider spam? i mean i guess the definition of spam is everything that isn't connected to the OP, but if a thread develops into several parallell discussions between users in one thread, and is not flaming, hating, non-constructive etc, is that still considered spam? where do you draw the line?

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by Danio
    flaming, hating, non-constructive
    You summed up your own answer fairly accurately there

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    xnugx's Avatar sup? BT Rep: +2
    I'm really really glad that this is happening. I think these sections are well overdue for it and it will be a move in the right direction. If you think about it, most trackers don't tolerate spamming and crap attitudes, so why should forums concerned with those trackers be any different?

Anyways, props Detale.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    If you think about it, most trackers don't tolerate spamming and crap attitudes, so why should forums concerned with those trackers be any different?

Anyways, props Detale.
    True some people seem to think that FST is their personal playground much to both the site's and their own detriment but some of those trackers that you fondly mention xnugx also don't seem to to tolerate dissenting opinions either .

Reasonable restraint is one thing but pray that this site never goes down that road.

Btw for the millionth time spam by my definition is anything that doesn't enrich the thread.No one needs to be on topic, agreeable or even serious to accomplish that.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    As long as Im here I'll never let that kind of thing happen to FST

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I agree people just spam topics to get their posts count up. It's sad who really cares how many posts u have?
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xnugx View Post
    If you think about it, most trackers don't tolerate spamming and crap attitudes, so why should forums concerned with those trackers be any different?

Anyways, props Detale.
    True some people seem to think that FST is their personal playground much to both the site's and their own detriment but some of those trackers that you fondly mention xnugx also don't seem to to tolerate dissenting opinions either .

Reasonable restraint is one thing but pray that this site never goes down that road.

Btw for the millionth time spam by my definition is anything that doesn't enrich the thread.No one needs to be on topic, agreeable or even serious to accomplish that.
    BT mod? congratulations mate

EDIT: Damn. did i just spam this thread? hah
    Last edited by danio; 01-08-2009 at 11:07 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast