Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Windows 7 Beta

Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    You dont think vista is bloated? You dont think vista is slower then xp? Why do you need a fast PC to run vista then you do xp? Why is it if you run a benchmark on the same pc xp beats vista? Dont you think they will fading out vista quickier then any of their prior operating systems?
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankthetank1 View Post
    You dont think vista is bloated? You dont think vista is slower then xp? Why do you need a fast PC to run vista then you do xp? Why is it if you run a benchmark on the same pc xp beats vista? Dont you think they will fading out vista quickier then any of their prior operating systems?
    do you know of MS previous OS lifespan? each 3 years they released a new one, sometimes less.
    Vista and project Longhorn took all this time to show up, because of their whole redesign, and i'm not talking about the interface, which is all 99% of the users care about.
    It became the foundation for the upcoming OSes that they are now releasing. Server 2008 is an astonishing OS and it's the direct result of project longhorn.

By the way, i did install XP back on 2001 when it was released, and my computers were completely hogged. I suppose you weren't expecting a OS in 2006 that were as demanding as one 5 years before? Hardware evolved a lot, and it's good to take profit out of it.
    Or are you one of those that complain Vista uses too much ram? Ram was made to be used, not to just sit there and the user masturbate on how much available RAM he has free. Vista does an excellent job at it.
    Fuck, at either XP or 2003 i must use memory managers to unclutter the RAm after a couple of hours running, and on Vista it's a lot less neccessary.

I don't feel if Vista is heavy or not, i have a modern machine, the ones that the OS was designed for. I feel sorry if the users with older hardware feel it slows their system, but old hardware is to be replaced.
    Just look at the gaming industry. Do you expect a computer built in 2001 to run a game from 2006 ?
    why should it be different with the OS ?
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-13-2009 at 01:44 AM.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Well said.

Now, if I could only get it to transfer files and format cards as fast as XP...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Has anyone successfully gotten- or even attempted to get-the Everest desktop gadget working?

I can get it to show up in the Gadgets options list but all I can displayed on the screen is a message telling me that Everest must not be running...particularly galling when the Everest window is open on the same screen and clearly very much operational.

I've tried the "fixes" I found through google (which involve batch files and the 6800 build Gadget files) to no avail.

Sidebar support is definitely enabled...I can get the MS gadgets to display, just not Everest.
    A minor irritation that threatens to become an obsession...please, save me.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    I haven't had any luck with Everest and 64-bit whatsoever; that includes all versions, legitimate or cracked/patched.

I wish you luck, sir; truth is, almost all of the glitches I've had with Vista are sidebar issues.

I'm tempted to play around with the Google sidebar...
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Clocker, havent messed with that gadget much, but if you figure it out, please post the fix here!

Been running windows 7 for a few days now exclusivly, and I have to say, I'm still impressed. For a beta, its very stable. Only a few minor bugs which I'm sure they will iron out. Not looking forward to booting back into vista when i'm done testing.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokeman View Post
    Clocker, havent messed with that gadget much, but if you figure it out, please post the fix here!
    Got it.
    None of my Everest programs (obtained through torrents) had installers- they were just the executable and that apparently don't cut it as far as the sidebar is concerned.
    Installing an earlier version (4.20.something) solved the issue...the sidebar gadget works.
    Unfortunately, this older version does not recognize my motherboard and misreads a few things...gonna have to find a full install version of the later -4.60- build.

BTW, found this site which has some interesting Win7 info.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    dutchmaster420's Avatar God's Son
    been running 32bit 7 for about 4 days now and the only problem ive had was avg installed but when tried to run got bsod...otherwize it ran everthing else and has been running smoothly

9. Software & Hardware   -   #39
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Vista is like an extra thick condom. More safe but slightly less fun, even viruses have compatibility issues.
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #40
    BANNED BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    i think windows 7 will be very good

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast