Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: waffles ?

Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by athenaesword View Post
    it is possible that there are some audible differences in flac and mp3 v0, but that may be usually attributed to fault in the encoding algorithms, which are highly improbable in the first place.

i briefly ran through the whole thread, and my are there quite a few pompous asses out there insisting that differences in v0 and flac should be "obvious". that's bullshit in itself. and before any one of you idiots come trumping around with your "it's your setup" shit again, I've had an RSA Predator + UE TF10s, which aren't the highest end in portable audio, but they're more than decent, and v0 and flac sounds exactly the same on those.

I'm currently using an Oritek OMZ + Adam A7 professional monitors. that's as accurate as anyoen's likely to get without blowing over $2k. and I STILL can't hear any noticeable difference between flac and mp3. if i did blind tests, maybe i will, but on casual listening, there's NO WAY differences are obvious.

those who wish to continue insisting that their ears are golden, put up some abx results, otherwise, keep your dreaming to yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafa View Post
    Word... is simple like this. FLAC is for archiving, is a perfect copy from original record/cd, then you can convert to any other format you like, and you can record a CD identical to the original. That is why i download FLAC, for archiving, not for hear in any player or whatever. Otherwise, V0 would be good enough, since in normal sound system we can not distinguish the difference between both.

Before I thought the CD was much better than vynil, but now it does not seem so real... am i wrong?
    Yeah vinyl on a the same reference system as a cd sounds way.

Either way vinyl or a properly well mastered cd will allow the track to breathe, give you an incredible detailed soundstage & excellent instrument placement so you can hear that the drummer is playing behind the lead singer, the bass guitarist is to the left and lead guitar is too the right.

you've not once supported what you've said in this entire thread. all we've heard is all the pompous "audiophile" terms over and over. enough with trying to blow smoke in everyone's eyes and get some tests done already. then we can begin to talk. it's fine if you think you can hear the difference, but insisting that everyone else should? geez.

and 80% of head-fi's smoke. yes there's some good info on there, and over the years I've learnt quite abit about audio from there, but tbh these days it's just too hard to filter out the rubbish.
    Either way vinyl or a properly well mastered cd will allow the track to breathe, give you an incredible detailed soundstage & excellent instrument placement so you can hear that the drummer is playing behind the lead singer, the bass guitarist is to the left and lead guitar is too the right.
    What you've quoted me on there is absolutely correct, I stand by what I say, I can tell the difference, there's no point getting upset and angry because you can't

Please tell me the setup you mentioned there isn't a portable source & portable amp connected up to a set of monitors, you will have truly embarrassed yourself there if it is ???

Edit: Also audiophiles probably wouldn't use the terms "soundstage & instrument placement" they'd probably use some pompous audiophile terminology instead of sound quality for dummies
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-18-2009 at 04:51 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #72
    those who wish to continue insisting that their ears are golden, put up some abx results, otherwise, keep your dreaming to yourself.
    They don't feel they have to. They're subjective audiophiles.

3. BitTorrent   -   #73
    Edit: Also audiophiles probably wouldn't use the terms "soundstage & instrument placement" they'd probably use some pompous audiophile terminology instead of sound quality for dummies
    Geniuses can be Idiots, but Idiots can't be Geniuses
    I want to see some results, too, or just describe in detail the difference between one song in FLAC and another in V0. Choose a familiar song, too, please.

Let us deaf men hear the symphony?
    Last edited by Brenya; 01-19-2009 at 04:30 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #74
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Geniuses can be Idiots, but Idiots can't be Geniuses.
    with talent, you do what you like.
    with genius, you do what you can.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

5. BitTorrent   -   #75
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    Geniuses can be Idiots, but Idiots can't be Geniuses
    I want to see some results, too, or just describe in detail the difference between one song in FLAC and another in V0. Choose a familiar song, too, please.

Let us deaf men hear the symphony?
    mr time traveller here will just put up some more of his BS about how the music's breathing lol.

[What you've quoted me on there is absolutely correct, I stand by what I say, I can tell the difference, there's no point getting upset and angry because you can't

Please tell me the setup you mentioned there isn't a portable source & portable amp connected up to a set of monitors, you will have truly embarrassed yourself there if it is ???

dude you wanna play the equipment game at least get your facts right. I already said I'm using an oritek OMZ dac, and Adam A7 monitors. the monitors are powered so I don't need an external amp, much less a portable one.

why wouldn't audiophiles use "soundstage and instrument placement"? at least that's more accurate, and actually means something, compared to your "breathing" nonsense.

I'm neither upset, nor angry. You're just another audionoob who thinks his ears are better than everyone else and refuses to do blind tests to acknowledge his own failure. All those people in this thread who've actually displayed some real knowledge on the subject don't acknowledge your claims because facts and figures have been thrown in your face that show that you shouldn't be able to discern and audible difference between flac and v0. While such a possibility still exists, perhaps due to the imperfect lame algorithm, you have time and again avoided taking these tests to prove your point. If that's the limit that you want to take this to, then stop there, please and stop posting that you can tell a difference, because we've all heard that too many times.
    The facts are:
    1) you're making a claim
    2) people disagree with you or don't believe you (with graphs to back it up too)
    3) you can't swallow that but you don't want to, or can't prove your claim, although the methods to do so have been explicitly mentioned
    4) you just keep repeating your claim, as though saying it more times will get people to believe you.

so unless you wanna take it to the next step, just shut up already.
    Last edited by athenaesword; 01-19-2009 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

6. BitTorrent   -   #76
    p0ster
    ITT: Posers

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678