Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotmail Accounts

Forum Star
    okay, i've just checked my hotmail account and i have a returned message...."System Administrator....Undeliverable...."

it's some kind of spam get rich quick thing that has been sent back to me, although i obviously didnt send it in the first place.
    i've checked the senders address and it's identical to mine's so i'm thinking is it just a balls up could someone else be using my details/account ??

any help with this much appreciated
    pol

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    BANNED
    Originally posted by pol@12 September 2003 - 11:30
    okay, i've just checked my hotmail account and i have a returned message...."System Administrator....Undeliverable...."

it's some kind of spam get rich quick thing that has been sent back to me, although i obviously didnt send it in the first place.
    i've checked the senders address and it's identical to mine's so i'm thinking is it just a balls up could someone else be using my details/account ??

pol
    i think somebody hacked your account, not sure tho

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Someone may have used an anonymous mail sender and used your e-mail as the sender

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    IMHO Hotmail is utter undiluted cack. You should go with a POP3 account or something more secure. I can't suggest anything though because I use POP3.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    i hope you didnt open it, this is probably the latest virii spread initiative...quite smart actually

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Forum Star
    thanks guys,

i wasnt sure anything like this was poss, but i just googled it and there's over 50,000 hits.
    i'll look into someting else for an email account. if any of you have any ideas for easy free email let me know please.

thanks again
    pol

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Forum Star
    i hope you didnt open it, this is probably the latest virii spread initiative...quite smart actually
    oooops, looks like i'll be about 2 hours with norton then

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    TClite's Avatar Poster
    I 'have' to use hotmail, my isp doesnt give me any pop3, i like the feature within messenger, in that a little pop up appears when you get a message, thats my main reason for using it, just set up your spam filters and overlook whats obviously dribble

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I have Webmail with Earthlink, but that's sacred. I don't give that to ANYONE. People will just sign me up for those damed e-cards or daily jokes. That's where spam comes from. Hotmail is good enough for everyday use. The spam filter is good, but not great. You can't complain for something that's free. It's either that or yahoo. I think we all know what's their situation with spam.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    Originally posted by pol@12 September 2003 - 16:30

pol
    i get alot of those to............. "dont wry"............. its "just" spam
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast