Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: ttc fake url

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    there's a fake ttc url circulating around the internet. i'm not going to post the url. it has the top-level domain .tf.

if you stumble upon that url, do not open it. it's fake and there's advertisment on it.

somebody wants to make a fast buck with curious users.
    If that's all it does then I don't see the harm.Unless it is indeed being used to collect info then that is another matter entirely.
    Maybe it's even of some benefit to TTC in that it discourages people looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by ajsi View Post
    why, why again? we all already know that you are a member there pb, so why couldn't you just leave us alone?
    I think he's about the only member.
    Bush was one but he's getting the boot when his term is up.
    Obama doesn't qualify as he's too nice reasonableunpretentious much a man of the masses.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    why, why again? we all already know that you are a member there pb, so why couldn't you just leave us alone?
    ye i know, i was being ironic too i think he just needs to constantly hype the mystery

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

ye i know, i was being ironic too i think he just needs to constantly hype the mystery
    I thought it was just a new project to bridge the gap and form a collaboration between the torrenting & FTP communities, I see no mystery here.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    ajsi's Avatar think twice... BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post
    ye i know, i was being ironic too i think he just needs to constantly hype ttc
    I thought it was just a new project to bridge the gap and form a collaboration between the torrenting & FTP communities, I see no mystery here.
    fixed

5. BitTorrent   -   #25

fixed
    ty

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    From what I read there will be no website as a front end, why all the animosity towards this Polar Bear character round here, he's only giving people a warning about a fake URL which could be collecting user login details and which will no doubt spawn a large number of posts & threads here which will no doubt contain lies, deception & epic fail by the bucket load
    stay longer and you will quickly understand the animosity.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    From what I read there will be no website as a front end, why all the animosity towards this Polar Bear character round here, he's only giving people a warning about a fake URL which could be collecting user login details and which will no doubt spawn a large number of posts & threads here which will no doubt contain lies, deception & epic fail by the bucket load
    stay longer and you will quickly understand the animosity.
    lol k, this place is great
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-13-2009 at 02:44 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    The Wanderer's Avatar e pluribus unum
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarbear View Post
    if you stumble upon that url, do not open it. it's fake and there's advertisment on it.
    Me and my computer thank you... deeply, flamebait.
    Live long and prosper.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    gonna love this thread

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    This url is fake. Cabalo is the only one who knows the real one. He is TTC's first line supporter and has unlimited invites. I pm'd him and got a reply with the correct url in 2 minutes.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-13-2009 at 03:42 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast