Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: automatic account pruning

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    A year?

Then you will probably lose most of your sites...
    some sites i log in to a lot.. because that's their nature. some sites i only come around once and a while, but i seed a lot any way so i figure no harm done. ideally yeah users should be active a lot. but when you have thousands and thousands of users you figure some will have wildly varying usage profiles that are still valid.

i understand the argument for pruning. i just think in my case, yeah i am sort of special: i always come back. if i didn't id ask them do delete my account full stop. (which most places wont even do, they'd rather wait until their scripts cull the inactive people)

i will even donate for a perm slot
    Last edited by prescript; 01-14-2009 at 06:50 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    Just tell them how special you are. They'll consinder your request
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    You're talking about BCG I guess?
    stoi doesn't cares if the member userbase goes down since the members who hog the member limit don't even use the tracker itself.

I'm very happy that this will enable BCG to have more leecher, thus making everybody's ratio go better if they seed.

Only got like a 150+ GB buffer there on BCG, going to apply for Uploader soon when I think it's time.
    Last edited by AniStoned; 01-14-2009 at 08:35 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    you do not need to be an uploader to upload games, everyone can now.

and your best chance to become an uploader, is to upload now, staff notice you if you do it properly, and they will promote you without you applying.

And i have no idea if this is about BCG or not, so i will hold off on answering until I find out it is.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    vic's Avatar Poster
    if there's a good reason behind it you can be offline for some time just inform the staff, i'm sure they can understand.

if not then just let it die or make sure you keep the rules for staying alive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12