Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: automatic account pruning

Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    this shit is annoying, especially when the sites are invite only or something.
    well i guess it dosen't matter if is auto or not
    Last edited by prescript; 01-14-2009 at 04:29 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    lysine's Avatar 49311 BT Rep: +1
    is it really that hard to login to a site once a month? (or even once a week?)

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    bumrocks's Avatar Poster Roaster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    Annoying is when people get invited to sites and don't use them. Taking up spots that someone else might have and use. Prepare to get bashed in this thread.

Use the "park" feature in the future if you are not able to use it.
    Anal is the only form of birth control shown to be 100% effective. Even abstinence failed once.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Yeah, if your account is pruned you probably weren't going to use it. Torrents are blocked at my college dorm but once a week or so I make sure to login to all trackers I'm a member of so I'll stay active until I get back out of my dorm.
    Sig goes here.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Artemis's Avatar ¿ןɐɯɹou ǝq ʎɥʍ BT Rep: +3
    Some of these sites also have a membership limit, so if you are sitting there on an inactive a/c doing nothing then surely they have the right to prune the a/c. After all it is seeder/leecher activity which makes one tracker more popular than another (as well as other factors like pre-times etc.) so if everyone is sitting there doing nothing tracker activity dies. Or do you think you are special ?

4d7920686f76657263726166742069732066756c6c206f662065656c73

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Yeah, if you're not using the account enough for it to get pruned, then what are you upset about? It's you obvious you really don't want or need it. It's no biggie, everyone has been invited to at least one site that they decided they didn't like or need and let it go inactive.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    silvertec's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +4
    use it all lose it the it should be

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Poster BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    but i DO use the sites. and i upload stuff, have good ratio, etc. so what if i don't log in for a year?
    i got shit to do. but when im back, i'm back and ready to play

Quote Originally Posted by bumrocks View Post
    Use the "park" feature in the future if you are not able to use it.
    yeah you can do that sometimes. sometimes you can't.
    Last edited by prescript; 01-14-2009 at 06:09 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    ..... BT Rep: +2
    A year?

Then you will probably lose most of your sites...

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    Yeah, if you're not using the account enough for it to get pruned, then what are you upset about? It's you obvious you really don't want or need it. It's no biggie, everyone has been invited to at least one site that they decided they didn't like or need and let it go inactive.
    Yeah ScL springs to mind, I got hyped when I heard about open sign ups there, got more hyped by the time I'd registered, clicked on that cheeky activation link in my gmail only to discover there was nobody seeding or leeching and thought meh that's no the shizzle for me and let the account die.

Could be better now that they're extending the userbase to 10,000 it's just getting harder and harder to compete in the ratio free category these days with so many quality sites to choose from

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast