Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: why do people invite others?

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    so you got your 100 rep points, and now you quit, nice thinking.

and if you did not give a shit about rep points, you would hide them.
    Just for info. Some of us don't really care about rep points but do believe in full disclosure.
    Last edited by puckface; 01-14-2009 at 02:59 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    integral's Avatar No surprises. BT Rep: +4
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    so you got your 100 rep points, and now you quit, nice thinking.

and if you did not give a shit about rep points, you would hide them.
    Just for info. Some of us don't really care about rep points but do believe in full disclosure.
    Agreed. If someone fully didn't give a shit about rep points, they would show them, instead of going out of their way to hide them.

they didn't built Rome in one day

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    If I was ever tempted to share my precious invites with anyone here, then the way I would look at it would be the more rep point someone has the less chance they would have of me giving them then invite, if you've got rep points here then you either trade accounts / invites or habitually giveaway accounts / invites in public / private which makes you more of a risk to my account.

Do people seriously consider rep points as a positive thing here when looking for someone to bring into the fold ?

Surely not :s

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post

Agreed. If someone fully didn't give a shit about rep points, they would show them, instead of going out of their way to hide them.
    I don't think there should even be an option to hide them... I wonder how many of these holier than thou users around here hide theirs for reasons of covering things up?
    Go Leafs Go.

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Polarbear's Avatar deep funk BT Rep: +5

I don't think there should even be an option to hide them... I wonder how many of these holier than thou users around here hide theirs for reasons of covering things up?
    i've got 100+ rep points full of successful trades. that's why i hide them.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26

Thanks for the info, presumably they can be viewed by looking closer at the users profile whether they are hidden on your forum AV or not ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Well last time i checked i had 26, then i hovered over someones tick and the pop up text says.

Add a Trading Rep point to name

well that just done it for me, I hid mine straight away.

I got all of mine for just being who i am and doing good posts (according to the people that give me a rep point anyway) but as rep points are not meant for that, but for Trading shit, I hid them.

the point is, rep points are for trading and giveaways, they are not meant to be for good posts and being a good member of here, so fuck that, i do not show them anymore.
    Last edited by stoi; 01-14-2009 at 03:12 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Disme's Avatar I'm Belgian BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    I don't need to cover anything up and still I disabled it, because I don't care about it.
    I am never guided or influenced by rep-points when handing out an invite in private to someone I want to invite to one of my trackers.
    Can you feel the LOVE

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post

Thanks for the info, presumably they can be viewed by looking closer at the users profile whether they are hidden on your forum AV or not ?
    You would think so. But youd be wrong.

Well last time i checked i had 26, then i hovered over someones tick and the pop up text says.

Add a Trading Rep point to name

well that just done it for me, I hid mine straight away.

I got all of mine for just being who i am and doing good posts (according to the people that give me a rep point anyway) but as rep points are not meant for that, but for Trading shit, I hid them.

the point is, rep points are for trading and giveaways, they are not meant to be for good posts and being a good member of here, so fuck that, i do not show them anymore.
    Yeah they have changed it since I have joined, it was never for a specific purpose back then, it was rep, for helping out, or giving away or trading or just being a good user, now I guess its called "trading rep" or some shit
    Last edited by puckface; 01-14-2009 at 03:14 PM.
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post

You would think so. But youd be wrong.
    Scandalous !

My last suggestion to improve the forums by sorting out the reviews section went down like a lead balloon so here's another one, delete the trade forums, surely that would get rid of many bit-tards who are completely missing the point of filesharing grrrr
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-14-2009 at 03:18 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast