Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: why do people invite others?

puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I don't need to cover anything up and still I disabled it, because I don't care about it.
    I am never guided or influenced by rep-points when handing out an invite in private to someone I want to invite to one of my trackers.
    Wasnt pointing you out at all, but Im sure you knew that.

But a rhetorical question, if you looked at my rep points, would you invite me anywhere?
    Go Leafs Go.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Disme View Post
    I don't need to cover anything up and still I disabled it, because I don't care about it.
    I am never guided or influenced by rep-points when handing out an invite in private to someone I want to invite to one of my trackers.

But a rhetorical question, if you looked at my rep points, would you invite me anywhere?
    You seem like a decent guy and don't take this personally which I'm sure you won't but in a word, no
    Last edited by Time-Traveller; 01-14-2009 at 03:21 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    Quote Originally Posted by Time-Traveller View Post

You seem like a decent guy and don't take this personally which I'm sure you won't but in a word, no
    at least your honest..... and that goes a hell of a lot farther than any rep point could ever go..
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Magnum's Avatar BT God BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    With points or not, obtained by trade or other ways i don`t think that is irrelevant that those ponts to reflect one person character. NO ONE can change your character. If i`m wrong with something. please correct me guys.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata

If you looked beyond his rep points and realized that lack of experience might be a mitigating factor or the simple fact that like with trading the prevailing climate between when he acquired them and now has changed.
    Would you?

Or are those type of scarlet letters indelible .

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Even if BT rep didn't have anything to do with trading, it still points to people who disobey many trackers' wishes by doing public giveaways here.

If someone has well over 30+ rep, and have been here since the time when rep did NOT have a trading connotation, then they most likely did a LOT of giveaways.

there's nothing wrong with being generous, but being so public about it is something else entirely.

I think that is why Time Traveler still wouldn't invite someone like that.
    Kindness goes a long way!

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Time-Traveller's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post

If you looked beyond his rep points and realized that lack of experience might be a mitigating factor or the simple fact that like with trading the prevailing climate between when he acquired them and now has changed.
    Would you?

That was quite deep lol

Yeah now that I'm aware that rep points used to be given for being helpful and not just trading / giveaways I would look beyond that as I said he seems like a decent guy.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i invite people i like, and that i don't "sniff" that are here only for invites. Let's just say it's not easy to like everybody around here.
    sometimes i feel like i have a duty of recruiting someone to certain trackers, as i know it would make them really happy, and i even do a effort on that site to get to the invites so i can surprise him and invite him.
    happened to me on thevault and revTT at least.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    His is but he's Canadian and it's the law.

Would you?

That was quite deep lol
    Or total shite .Depends on have much you've had to drink really.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 01-14-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

No way, I don't take offense in any way. It actually proves my point sort of. You have seen my history and the such and thats fine. I get branded as a trader and thats also fine.

But, if you knew who I was on the trackers you would know that I am as good as a member as I can be on all of them, as well as active on all the forums (not just here), these are all trackers, "low level" to "high level". Also, I know for a fact that I have talked to many of you on various IRC channels and we have gotten along swimmingly. Some of us not so much, which may translate to here at times

Basically, the point is that just because of someones history you cant judge them on the type of member they will be.

His is but he's Canadian and it's the law.

That was quite deep lol
    Or total shite .Depends on have much you've had to drink really.
    or the quantity of drugs for the day.
    Last edited by puckface; 01-14-2009 at 07:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Go Leafs Go.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast