Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die: Torrent Edition

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer

Arrow

January 08, 2009

Trendsetting PassThePopcorn is a movie tracker that’s doing things a little differently. Aside from having amassed an impressive 3,300 3,400 torrents running coolly on Gazelle, PTP is attempting to complete a collection based on Steven Jay Schneider’s popular book "1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die". Staff and members alike are on a mission to fulfill the thousand-plus movie torrents that make up this remarkable collage, which has turned into quite the obsession around PTP.

The idea for "1001 Movies" isn’t entirely original, as What.cd already had their own collage version; similarly titled, "1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die" from the book of the same name. While What.cd has recently completed their collage and now possesses all 1,001 albums from the collection, PassThePopcorn is only at the half-way point. Currently, there’s 524 films that need to be added to an overall list of about 1,075 - and some will be tough to find. Older relics from the 1920’s have proven to be a challenge, and are thus still absent:

— The Phantom Carriage (1921)
    — Dr. Mabuse, Parts 1 and 2 (1922)
    — The Wheel (1923)
    — Seven Chances (1925)
    — The Unknown (1927)
    — October (1927)
    — Napoleon (1927)
    — The Kid Brother (1927)
    — The Crowd (1928)
    — The Docks of New York (1928)

Presented chronologically, the current edition begins with Georges Méliès’ A Trip to the Moon in 1902 and concludes with Joe Wright’s 2007 film Atonement. As with the motif for PassThePopcorn torrents, each film in the collection includes a review(s), poster art, IMDb link & rating, and actor/character listing.

One interesting feature to Gazelle Collages (known as ‘Collections’ at PTP) is that every member can get involved in them.

PassThePopcorn: Invites

While open signups are currently closed, if you’re not already a member of PassThePopcorn, you can apply through their IRC channel below. You’re allowed as many interview attempts as needed to get your invite.

irc://irc.what.cd/passthepopcorn-invite

Source: 1001 Movies You Must See Before You Die | 1001 Movies Yuu Must See Before You Die
    Homepage: Invite To pass the popcorn | pass the popcorn

2. News (Archive)   -   #2
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    1001 download links please.

3. News (Archive)   -   #3
    PassThePopcorn: Invites

While open signups are currently closed, if you’re not already a member of PassThePopcorn, you can apply through their IRC channel below. You’re allowed as many interview attempts as needed to get your invite.

irc://irc.what.cd/passthepopcorn-invite

4. News (Archive)   -   #4
    Pris's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    thats a lot of movies

5. News (Archive)   -   #5
    abhay's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Thanks for the news SonsOfLiberty ,i am pretty noob here & i nave this question - How good is PassThePopcorn ?

6. News (Archive)   -   #6
    Don't know never heard of it till the other day. Looks like they are like their movies, alot

Specialized movie torrent tracker PassThePopcorn.org (formerly Scenemovies) has just opened registrations. This is the first time they have opened signups since they moved to a new domain and changed the tracker name to PassThePopCorn. Although the name might sound new, PassThePopcorn did not start from scratch. Entire torrents index and every single user account on Scenemovies was transferred to the new tracker. Currently, there are 4700+ active users and 2250+ torrents on PassThePopcorn. This tracker is based on the shiny new Gazelle codebase so navigation is fast and the site is a pleasure to browse.

As mentioned in the title, Pass The Popcorn is all about movies. Uploaders have done a very nice job of adding some great torrents to this tracker; they’ve only been online for around two months but there are already over 2000 movie torrents indexed. At Passthepopcorn, it’s not just about downloading torrents. You can find a lot of information related to indexed movies through various installed add-ons (Album Art Coverflow, IMDB auto-fill and Actor catalog with 17000+ actors to name a few). You can even discover new movies through the ‘Staff recommendations’ and ‘Collections’ features on this tracker.
    Most users say it's a "Must Have"

7. News (Archive)   -   #7
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I can't answer that abhay since I'm not a member but I know that the tracker used to be called Scenemovies and that the staff are working hard to improve the site.
    That and staff I recognize really have a love for movies.

8. News (Archive)   -   #8
    abhay's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I can't answer that abhay since I'm not a member but I know that the tracker used to be called Scenemovies and that the staff are working hard to improve the site.
    That and staff I recognize really have a love for movies.
    I appreciate the enthusiasm & the hard work shown by the staffs there. They really have an herculean tasks of collecting 1001 movies (especially the older ones)

Lets hope for the best

9. News (Archive)   -   #9
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I would get yourself in there Idol. I know you're a movie buff, so I'm sure you'll get some enjoyment out of the site.

10. News (Archive)   -   #10
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Thanks Funkin' I tried but me and irc don't seem to get along.
    I went on their channel and proceeded to immediately screw up.
    I'm hoping they'll accept me if I mail them an application .Maybe have the Pony Express deliver it.
    And please no one offer me an invite that wasn't the point of my little diatribe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast