Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Why don't all trackers have open signup?

I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    Invite-only is horrible for the users' experience. That way sites take care to stay unattractive on their own.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    Bunnies on Fiber!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnentier View Post
    Invite-only is horrible for the users' experience. That way sites take care to stay unattractive on their own.
    not really

most of the sites i got invited to, because of them being invite only, make their price of worthyness more than true :_)
    looking for invite to last.fm

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    Feeling's Avatar SceneTorrents Staff
    Re: Why don't all trackers have open signup?
    Cus sites dont want random nubs like the OP.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    because you get 3 types of members.

1: Sign up, Cheat, get caught, banned, Sign up again. 49.5%

2: Sign up, Hit and run 1st ## torrents, get banned/demoted, sign up again 49.5%

3: Good members 1%

if the ratio was 99% good members, 1% the other 2, great, most trackers would be open, but that is just not the case at all.

Imagine if the tracker memberships were actually like that though, torrents would last about a week, and speeds would be atrocious.

The thing is they even cheat on no ratio trackers lol because they still have the higher classes or perks for doing something above the norm.

Most just want what they want for themselves, and fuck anyone else that wants it, as long as they get it they are happy.

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    if all closed for sings up trackers will do it then ur beloved ftn, sct and other trackers will turn into demonoid and tpb. do u want it?

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    I'm staff,kiss m ass BT Rep: +1
    I always wonder how much energy they put into "cheating" when they could just buy usenet, or seed.

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    well thats the problem, there isnt any energy.

download a modded client, set the upload, away you go.

it really is that easy, but they can screw up, like upload 10 gig in 30 seconds.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    The thing I don't like about invite only is you never give users a chance to be 'good'. If they can't get on your site, how can they prove themselves.... Oh yea I forgot by 'being good friends on a forum' because that sure shows a lot about how good you are to a completely different type of community. It's just like saying the best basketball player is going to be the best at baseball and soccer too. 0_o

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    well blame that on the 99% of fuckwits that just take us for everything they can.

why do you think Trackers ban entire countries, it has nothing to do with being racist or not liking that country, its because a lot from that country are cheaters.

The past 5 years i have always been the kind of owner that thinks, well maybe if we get 1 good user out of 10 that is good enough, and maybe we can change the other 9`s opinions on torrenting.

but it has never worked, and instead of people getting better from the early days, it just gets worse.

We live in a society where we want everything NOW.

Fast food, Fast cars, Fast Women (and men), pre times mean everything, so why should they wait to seed, when they can download and jump off after it is finished.
    Last edited by stoi; 01-20-2009 at 03:42 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    Ahmed047's Avatar cardiologist BT Rep: +3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    well blame that on the 99% of fuckwits that just take us for everything they can.

why do you think Trackers ban entire countries, it has nothing to do with being racist or not liking that country, its because a lot from that country are cheaters.

The past 5 years i have always been the kind of owner that thinks, well maybe if we get 1 good user out of 10 that is good enough, and maybe we can change the other 9`s opinions on torrenting.

but it has never worked, and instead of people getting better from the early days, it just gets worse.

We live in a society where we want everything NOW.

Fast food, Fast cars, Fast Women (and men), pre times mean everything, so why should they wait to seed, when they can download and jump off after it is finished.
    yes , without rules any tracker will collapse , rules must be present & to some extent enforced to filter bad users and grow up good community ,& closing sign up is the best method to enforce rules

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234