Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Steam Official 1.6 Release

CadeLaguana's Avatar Poster
    Me too man. I buy games that require cd keys because I love the multiplayer.

I just don't understand this, steam beta worked like a charm! I didn't have one not one damn problem with beta. It was easy, loaded fast, but this it took about 20 minutes to update (guess servers are slow or something...), I have a fast pc so I know thats not the problem...

Wonder how many other people are having this problem...

2. Games   -   #12
    Hey man I got it working. Not sure if this is what did it, but when I chose the option to delete the old files....well the one that had "(Recommeneded)" next to it, it managed to finish...Not sure if thats what the problem was, but its now working...

I don't know why...I wanted to keep the old files for playing 1.5 with one of my buds that has a pc that sucks ass....Guess I'll have to reinstall it afterwards or something...Dunno

If you have already done that then try taking out all those other mods like team fortress, dod, ect...I just left half life and counter-strike....one of those 2 things got it working...sorry If I'm not clear or not making sence, I'm in a hurry.

3. Games   -   #13
    wat do u mean by old files? do mean when it ask u if u want to delete the file or keep the file before the converting window? ill try that, hope it work. btw, is there ne difference between this and the beta?

4. Games   -   #14
    Nevermind man, it still wouldn't let me start counter-strike OR half-life. But get this, I went to planet half life and everyone else is having this same problem. Here go to this link I'm looking at now and check it out... Damn Steam. Should know not to release shit before its craped out yet...

Steam Problems

5. Games   -   #15
    okay, try that and this is what its at
    "Converting Base Goldsrc Shared Binaries files into steam cache...complete
    Converting Half-Life files into steam cache..." im stuck at the part wehre its said converting half-life files into steam cache. this is seriously fucking me off. wtf is wrong. i did a clean install of cs and steam but still have this prob.

6. Games   -   #16
    Well on that site they are all having same problems as us. I've reinstalled steam and my games 10 times already. sometimes it won't update without freezing. Picking the game from the list to install freezes, I have to create a new account EVER DAMN TIME to convert half life files for steam...I'm sick of this. I was wrong...

Steam is nothing but a STEAMing pile of shit!

7. Games   -   #17
    Monkeee's Avatar Post Whore
    Originally posted by CadeLaguana@13 September 2003 - 03:01
    Well on that site they are all having same problems as us. I've reinstalled steam and my games 10 times already. sometimes it won't update without freezing. Picking the game from the list to install freezes, I have to create a new account EVER DAMN TIME to convert half life files for steam...I'm sick of this. I was wrong...

Steam is nothing but a STEAMing pile of shit!

i agree they just released it and its already has problems ...

8. Games   -   #18
    I wouldn't have cared if they didn't release it imediatly. I just want the damn thing to work. Beta was fine. Good couple of weeks for me. I mean come on...doesnt that sound strange?

BETA: Worked fine... I never had one problem...

OFFICIAL: Takes me 10 trys to update it. After I update it I have to create 5 accounts to try to get it to work different ways. Even when I think I have it working, I still can't play...

Bring back the beta untill you can get this shit working vavle!

Not that they are reading this...I'm just really pissed....

9. Games   -   #19
    okay im pass the converting part but now everytime i try to play This Apear and it stay that way forevfer . keep saying preaparing to play but i left it on for bout an hour.

btw, i also had to make like 10 accounts. luckily i have that many email address.

10. Games   -   #20
    Lol same stuff happening to me...Only difference is that I just made up 10 email addresses lol. Not that its going to hurt any; if and when they get this working, I can just use the email address I first intended to use with steam. Then maybe they'll be a way to convert the files without creating a whole new account. Guess we are just going to have to wait untill they get thier shit together...

Ahhh well, I guess I'll just go play some online halo

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast