Thread: Mpeg And Avi Editing Software

i'm looking for something that'll allow me to edit down movies to just the scenes i want. either formats of mpeg's and avi's are what i need. thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    VirtualDub is prety good you can get it here It does all that stuff

Oh yeah before saving your movie just make sure you choose what compression you want to use or you could be left with a 500MB avi file thats like 20 seconds long

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I think that Easy Video Splitter lets you do that. It gives you the option whether or not you want to split the movie into say 10 clips. You then select the clips and put them together to make either an mpeg or an avi. Is that what you're wanting?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by oggy_uk@13 September 2003 - 00:51
    I think that Easy Video Splitter lets you do that. It gives you the option whether or not you want to split the movie into say 10 clips. You then select the clips and put them together to make either an mpeg or an avi. Is that what you're wanting?
    no. that's close to it though. i want to be able to edit let's say an hour long 700mb file down to whether scenes within that time that i want deleting the rest i don't need.