Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Its Just Too Good..

mogadishu's Avatar {}"_++()_><.,{}}[":+
    thirteenth step is so f**cking good.. screw this being the 10th thread.. it deserves them.
    signature removed, check the boardrules.

2. Music   -   #2
    Poster

proud to be american

3. Music   -   #3
    ?

4. Music   -   #4
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    hes talking about Perfect Circles new album which is brilliant

5. Music   -   #5
    lol ad, i started the thread..

6. Music   -   #6
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    lol ad, i started the thread..
    yeah I know I was talkign about the guy who posyed above you

and yeah I edited my last psot after I got the boxing gloves off

so whats your fav track so far mog??

I love track 1 the big build up

7. Music   -   #7
    track 3 i think, the noose..

&#39;your halo slippin&#39; down".. o god it gives me goosebumps.

8. Music   -   #8
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Heres a review that i have to share with you all cause its so true...

This album is the soundtrack of my life. My new life. My redfined life.

This album changed me in so many ways just after one listen. It can put the most depressed people into a good mood and make the happiest person in the world question themselves and even be happier. But I&#39;m sure you want to know how I feel about the songs, right?

They are all amazing. "Thirteenth Step" kicks off with an incredible intro song, The Package, which starts off slow and eventually builds into a threatening monster, seemingly telling you of the perils of the journey ahead. Weak and Powerless follows and is a bit more mellow, and it relaxes you a bit, just in time for the next track, The Noose.

The Noose is, hands-down, the best song I have ever heard in my life. Pure brilliance and listening to it is total bliss. This song, along with Blue, A Stranger, and Vanishing, has a very ethereal feel to it that&#39;s sure to make you feel a little better about things despite the perilous journey you&#39;re embarking on.

A few tracks later, The Outsider hits you with a BOOM. This heavy song really puts you in a mood to be reckoned with, as I&#39;m sure the band was in as they created this masterpiece. Following that is a short two-and-a-half minute "interlude," known as Crimes. Interesting track.

After that comes a cover of Failure&#39;s amazing song, The Nurse Who Loved Me. This is almost nothing like the original, which is good, as they made an already good song even better just through interepretation. Gone are the heavy, grungy guitars that Failure had, and in their place are violins and gourds, creating a sleeplike feel.

But all is not well on this journey. Once Nurse puts you to sleep, the quaking lullaby of Pet wakes you up, despite it begging you to "go back to sleep..." This is my second favorite song. Following this track is Lullaby, which is a short outro to Pet, and then the amazing closing song, Gravity.

All-in-all, this album is a masterpiece and a more than worthy follow-up to Mer de Noms. It&#39;s worthy of note that when I finished listening to Mer for the first time, I cried because the music was so beautiful. If it&#39;s any indication of how good Thirteenth Step is, I cried by the middle of third track. I was floored by each song.

Good job, APC, on creating the single best record I have ever heard.&nbsp; - Cameron Ladd
    Oh and on the song - The Package *it reminds you of sex...the slow build up--the orgasm--the aftermath*...Maynard must of been getting a lot during the recording...

I agree with The Noose *its just perfect really and it goes well with the next song Blue* (the whole no. 3 - 6 tracks on the album just flow so smoothly...like a work of art)...

Then you have the huge rock songs of The Outsider and Pet to just blow you away...and ending the album with gravity was the best move they could do...It leaves you in such a great state of mind...and also leaves you wanting both more from the band and more from life...

9. Music   -   #9
    Originally posted by Celerystalksme@13 September 2003 - 00:48
    Heres a review that i have to share with you all cause its so true...

This album is the soundtrack of my life. My new life. My redfined life.

This album changed me in so many ways just after one listen. It can put the most depressed people into a good mood and make the happiest person in the world question themselves and even be happier. But I&#39;m sure you want to know how I feel about the songs, right?

They are all amazing. "Thirteenth Step" kicks off with an incredible intro song, The Package, which starts off slow and eventually builds into a threatening monster, seemingly telling you of the perils of the journey ahead. Weak and Powerless follows and is a bit more mellow, and it relaxes you a bit, just in time for the next track, The Noose.

The Noose is, hands-down, the best song I have ever heard in my life. Pure brilliance and listening to it is total bliss. This song, along with Blue, A Stranger, and Vanishing, has a very ethereal feel to it that&#39;s sure to make you feel a little better about things despite the perilous journey you&#39;re embarking on.

A few tracks later, The Outsider hits you with a BOOM. This heavy song really puts you in a mood to be reckoned with, as I&#39;m sure the band was in as they created this masterpiece. Following that is a short two-and-a-half minute "interlude," known as Crimes. Interesting track.

After that comes a cover of Failure&#39;s amazing song, The Nurse Who Loved Me. This is almost nothing like the original, which is good, as they made an already good song even better just through interepretation. Gone are the heavy, grungy guitars that Failure had, and in their place are violins and gourds, creating a sleeplike feel.

But all is not well on this journey. Once Nurse puts you to sleep, the quaking lullaby of Pet wakes you up, despite it begging you to "go back to sleep..." This is my second favorite song. Following this track is Lullaby, which is a short outro to Pet, and then the amazing closing song, Gravity.

All-in-all, this album is a masterpiece and a more than worthy follow-up to Mer de Noms. It&#39;s worthy of note that when I finished listening to Mer for the first time, I cried because the music was so beautiful. If it&#39;s any indication of how good Thirteenth Step is, I cried by the middle of third track. I was floored by each song.

Good job, APC, on creating the single best record I have ever heard. - Cameron Ladd
    Oh and on the song - The Package *it reminds you of sex...the slow build up--the orgasm--the aftermath*...Maynard must of been getting a lot during the recording...

I agree with The Noose *its just perfect really and it goes well with the next song Blue* (the whole no. 3 - 6 tracks on the album just flow so smoothly...like a work of art)...

Then you have the huge rock songs of The Outsider and Pet to just blow you away...and ending the album with gravity was the best move they could do...It leaves you in such a great state of mind...and also leaves you wanting both more from the band and more from life...
    i heard that package much like you did.

10. Music   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by Adster@13 September 2003 - 03:37
    hes talking about Perfect Circles new album which is brilliant
    now i get it

proud to be american

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast