Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Rap Album Ever

Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Originally posted by soopaman@14 September 2003 - 12:19
    All that fuckin' Tupac "pop/rap" is for the birds!!
    Tsk Tsk...This is how rap wars get started...you don't wanna get shot 9 times do ya???

2. Music   -   #12
    in no particular order

dr dre - the chronic
    snoop doggy dogg - doggystyle
    nas - illmatic
    eminem - slim shady lp
    2pac (all)
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

3. Music   -   #13
    Mr. Blunt's Avatar n00b
    Originally posted by soopaman@13 September 2003 - 19:19
    All that fuckin&#39; Tupac "pop/rap" is for the birds&#33;&#33;
    Your just waiting for someone to tell you shit huh?

4. Music   -   #14
    Originally posted by Mr. Blunt+14 September 2003 - 03:30--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mr. Blunt @ 14 September 2003 - 03:30)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-soopaman@13 September 2003 - 19:19
    All that fuckin&#39; Tupac "pop/rap" is for the birds&#33;&#33;
    Your just waiting for someone to tell you shit huh? [/b][/quote]

I just think he has done far better work than "Changes" and "Dear Mama". Which are, you have to admit, very commercial tracks. Personally I liked him better when he was making tunes like "Point The Finga", "Last Wordz" and "Soujah&#39;s Revenge". When he got into that Bishop/Juice thing I think he changed as a person and left most of his old values behind and embraced the Thug Life which ultimately lead to his death. He wasn&#39;t a real Gangsta or criminal. He was an intelligent, eloquent young man that had a strong interest in Black Empowerment and the Politics of Race in America but I don&#39;t think the move to Death Row Records really produced the quality of tunes that I think he could have made had he stayed in New York. Just my opinion though&#33;&#33;

Signature removed

5. Music   -   #15
    Ok this is my opinion.......,humble opinion. Some of you or most of you keep talking ONLY about black rappers. Of course there is hip-hop , reggae dancehall , and Gansta Rap and other similar hard core categories of this type of music. The question is "What IS rap"? Some people call Nelly or Jay-Z ....even Ja Rule , rappers. One late night i was watching tv and saw/heard DMX say " Ohh you mean &#39;tupac rap&#39; ?". Someone asked why couldn&#39;t he express himself in a more positive way. He (tupac) had his OWN style of communicating with people. HE was a song writter , wrote poems , and did movies. He wasnt a dumb person. But he probably wanted to fit in.... I remember he once said he got dissed many times when he moved out of the ghetto he lived in. Anyways let me talk about what rap albums I like.

Like i said i think you guys need to talk about rappers in general. There are catagories in hip hop . And other similar styles.

"Geniuses , All dying meaningless", Very few words....but they sure make you think . This is what South Park Mexican said in one of his songs....reffering to Mexican/Mexican-American youth dying cuz of the drug business. They could be so much yet go down the wrong path in life.

There are many rappers , hip hoppers out there. One thing is the stuff you guys saw a while back on MTV or heard on a radio station. Because unless ur station is dedicated to hip-hop or rap only , you&#39;re sorta screwed. And i agree with the person who said "All Eyez on Me" was a gr8 album (set) . He (pac) got help from so many people on that cd....it wasnt all his talent. Daz helped out , Suge , Dre,Snoop, Snoop&#39;s lil bro , Tons of people did so much on that album. One quote from one of his songs " They got money for wars but can&#39;t feed the poor"

Here&#39;s a list of rappers and hip-hoppers i like ... 2Pac , Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg , Daz Dillinger , Outlawz , The Warden - look for the song Silly- , Lil&#39; Flip , 2 Cool Kriss , OutKast , Wu-Tang Clan , ODB &#39;Old dirty Bastard&#39; , Dmx , Cypress Hill , Three 6 Mafia , Delinquent Habits , Method Man , Ludacris , Coolio , LL Cool J , Big Moe , Camron , Eve , Zion I , Powda , LifeStyL , The Grouch , Happy Perez , South Park Mexican , Nas , Freak Nasty , Fat Joe , Johnny Z , Chingy , Chingo Bling , Khia , Krs-One, Splack Pack , Trina , West Side Connection , Baby Beesh , Notorious B.I.G , P.Diddy , Young Bloodz , Knight Owl , Run Dmc , 69 Boyz , Ice Cube , Busta Rhymes , Naughty by Nature , Yankee B

6. Music   -   #16
    Originally posted by MeMeMeSoHony@14 September 2003 - 05:38
    West Side Connection
    bow down is a great album
    forgot that one, thanks for reminding me...

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

7. Music   -   #17
    Celerystalksme's Avatar This Is My Clone BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Oh yeah and i like Everlast - White Ford Sings The Blues

and im being serious...even though its more folk...its still rapping and i still like it

and i don&#39;t see it as the greatest rap albums of all time but it sure shits over a lot of stuff..

8. Music   -   #18
    Welcome , Im trying very hard to remember more artists , i just did , i think im gonna go edit the list once again hehe

9. Music   -   #19
    i like big pun too

rip pun

10. Music   -   #20
    R.I.P Big Pun.... Pacs anniversary is near , right? or am i wrong? mmm One of Run Dmc&#39;s members got shot and died recently too btw....sad stuff

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast