Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: any one else have hosting.ie 1gig dedicated server??

peugeottech's Avatar Poster

Arrow

ok i have just got myself a Dedicated Rabtor Pro Lin 877 - Renaissance GB and want abit of input from other hosting.ie users
    now the one i have just got has a 1 gig line and is running windows web server 2008
    now i asked for RAID 0 in my set up and never got it and i see they have removed the RAID option from this anyone know why??
    now i downloaded a film to check it out and hit speeds of 24 MB/s but not for long im a uploader on another site and i dont seem to be getting great speeds when other seeds connect to me and i know for a fact that most of them have great boxes is it because im running windows? i dont have know more then 5 torrents running at anyone time and my server has good specs:

Intel Core2 Duo 2x1,8
    2x320 GB of HDD disk
    2 GB of RAM
    Traffic-Unlimited (guaranteed)

any input would be great
    thanks alot

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    Hmm strange

did you pay for RAID and they remove it ?

as far I hear they usually are the only one hosting provider who gives extras for free, not takes them away there must be a reason I suppose

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Poster
    You need raid to get good speed on a gbit server with windows.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Well it had RAID on the website when i payed for it and looking at it now its been removed i sent them a email and they said my server has not got it and to add it to windows would cost me more money
    now im thinking of trying linux and hope they can add RAID on there for free
    i have to pay 19 euros for a install

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    You must use linux with Gb servers, he performance difference is astonishment. Linux give us better performance than Windows. Hosting-IE servers are not very powerful in their cheaper versions. Your server reach higher speeds have a better management of the operating system

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Very strange, I assume you have a bill showing all the details of the server, like Raid don't you ?

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoo View Post
    Very strange, I assume you have a bill showing all the details of the server, like Raid don't you ?

Yes it says it on my bill and it was also on the website and now its been removed
    i have asked for linux ubuntu so i hope when its all set up i will be getting better speeds for longer

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    arkan's Avatar Desitorrents Staff BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    see if the IDE drivers are causing a bottleneck..

you can check the performance stats.

if they are upgrade the ide/chipset (south bridge) drivers. many times you will see a good improvement.

but yeah fully utilizing a gbit is hard unless you have lots of good speed leechers.

Maybe I should be trying linux too...

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Quote Originally Posted by hrishi2das View Post

if they are upgrade the ide/chipset (south bridge) drivers. many times you will see a good improvement.

but yeah fully utilizing a gbit is hard unless you have lots of good speed leechers.

thanks for that mate i will have a look but am still thinking of going with linux i just hope it will give me better speeds as i feel im not getting nowhere

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    arkan's Avatar Desitorrents Staff BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Quote Originally Posted by peugeottech View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by hrishi2das View Post

thanks for that mate i will have a look but am still thinking of going with linux i just hope it will give me better speeds as i feel im not getting nowhere

That's Good. Please let me know how it goes with Linux.

If you see drastic differences i might switch myself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast