Thread: Forcing Others To Use K++

Storm's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +3
    is there any way to force others to use K++ with XP permissions (i am admin)..... cause my brother allways turns it off when chatting (he says it goes slower when its on (i dont think he realizes we are on broadband))
    great FTP site for awesome quality video clips
    yeah, you have to sign up, but its worth it

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    just have dual log ins...log in as you, start kazaa, "switch user" and then he wont be able to close kazaa, if you password protect your login
    <insert signature here>

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@13 September 2003 - 17:41
    just have dual log ins...log in as you, start kazaa, "switch user" and then he wont be able to close kazaa, if you password protect your login
    doesnt work......... cause as soon as anyone else logs in, my internet connection gets broken.........

i just want a way for them to not be able to close kazaa (speedup opens it @ startup)

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    BANNED
    Originally posted by Storm+13 September 2003 - 13:11--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Storm @ 13 September 2003 - 13:11)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vivitron 15@13 September 2003 - 17:41
    doesnt work......... cause as soon as anyone else logs in, my internet connection gets broken.........

i just want a way for them to not be able to close kazaa (speedup opens it @ startup) [/b][/quote]
    well lets see how well do they know their way around the pc??

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Originally posted by MUSLEMAN@13 September 2003 - 19:45
    well lets see how well do they know their way around the pc??
    average id say......... they are well known to win98, but all the new XP features are still a mystery to them.......... (also, they dont have admin acces)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    Unfortunately Kazaa-lite does slow-down the system for other users (am running only on 256mb ram, P4@ 1.7ghz myself with a 386kb DSL connection) , and closing the connection and all aaplications on XP is as simple as "restarting" the system from the logon screen. It does not take an admin to do that much. So creating different users and switching will not help things. Even if there is a way to disable shut-downs and re-starts at the logon screen, XP is so stable that anyone could just "unplug" the system from it&#39;s outlet and simply turn it back "on" and everything would be fine.

My opinion: threaten to break his fingers and/or face if he does it again.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    if you are the admin than create an account for them and let them sign in under their own accont

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by Izagaia+13 September 2003 - 19:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Izagaia &#064; 13 September 2003 - 19:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Unfortunately Kazaa-lite does slow-down the system for other users[/b]

i run a AMD 500 and it doesnt slow down the system noticably, but i dont think ur trick will make me more loved
    <!--QuoteBegin-MUSLEMAN
    @13 September 2003 - 19:52
    if you are the admin than create an account for them and let them sign in under their own accont[/quote]
    but how will that force em to use klite?

edit: everyone has their own account which they can customize as far as "limited access" will allow them..........

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    I don&#39;t know of a way to prevent a user from terminating an app, even in group policy....
    you prolly can, preventing users from running an app is easy, and you can create a login script that makes it run
    when he logs in...but how to keep him from exiting...hmmm..

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free