Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost Thread (Starts 2-2-10)

SonsOfLiberty's Avatar The Lonely Wanderer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    Locke if he is somehow resurrected or whatever doppleganger Locke is are both too tied to the island to ever leave it. Last part also applies to Ben.
    My only gripe now seems to be that with the introduction of the Jacob/evil smoke monster dynamic, the entire Widmore/Ben feud seems to have taken a backseat.

Let's get ready to rumble!
    [center]

2. Movies & TV   -   #132
    Lock , let say black smoke what he planning for

Saied what he planning for , is to get back his died love ?

jack is the root for everything , new role for Harli

------
    i really enjoy while watching your comment on the episodes

3. Movies & TV   -   #133
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by SonsOfLiberty View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post

My only gripe now seems to be that with the introduction of the Jacob/evil smoke monster dynamic, the entire Widmore/Ben feud seems to have taken a backseat.

Let's get ready to rumble!
    Yep . Looks like they're back in action. Glad the writers didn't forget about them.

And now for Jacob's "touch"... If you refresh your memory on the past episode with flashbacks of Jacob (or just look at Lostpedia), you'll notice that the camera focused on him "touching" every single person he visited. And Richard Alpert had received it as well. Does that mean that now, Kate, Jack, Sawyer, Hurley, Jin/Sun, Sayid, etc. have all become bonafide Richard Alperts?

And the touch makes it so that... you can't kill yourself? I guess that's why Locke could bring himself to suiciding, which was why Ben did it for him. But I feel like there has to be more to it. Why didn't smokey just kill Ilana in order to free Ben? And why was it mentioned that "he knew the rules" and couldn't kill Sawyer (By the way, where the fuck did Sawyer go?). Might just be a hunch, but I think anyone Jacob "touches" enters into their "rules", and can't be killed by smokey. Another small tidbit is that Jacob did touch Ben at the Statue, so it may be entirely possible that Smokey can't kill Ben either.

4. Movies & TV   -   #134
    Looks like the new Lost came out ~2 hours early If anyone's dieing to see it atm.

Downloading it now.

5. Movies & TV   -   #135
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    CTV in Canada shows it at 7 so that they can show American Idol after it.

As to the episode I thought it was one of the best in quite a while and Nestor Carbonell was absolutely fantastic as Richard .Didn't realize he had those kind of acting chops.
    Last edited by IdolEyes787; 03-24-2010 at 01:04 AM.
    Respect my lack of authority.

6. Movies & TV   -   #136
    Damn Canucks and their fucked up airtimes. Guess it's inevitable when they can't get any decent shows of their own, have to tune in to our shit.

A good episode indeed, but one thing that did seem a little out of the ordinary was that in general, flashback/foward/sideways always would always alternate with another, supposedly "present" timeline. This episode was pretty much one giant flashback, with no pauses in between. For dramatic effect?

7. Movies & TV   -   #137
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    I like that it wasn't more of the same old same old.Also for a change it gave more answers than it created questions.
    Respect my lack of authority.

8. Movies & TV   -   #138
    I found this to be particularly interesting:

In this game of white vs. black, right vs. wrong, good vs. evil, all we really know is that Jacob and Smokey pretty much hate each other's guts—and that they keep some rudimentary form of a score by trading different colored stones. When Jacob gots Richard on his side, he presents Smokey with a white stone, the equivalent of sliding over another point in a game of Foosball. The Man in Black, as Smocke, did something similar when he successfully converted Sawyer in the cave with all the candidates' names (I think he either removed a white stone from a scale or added a dark stone to it, tipping it in the favor of the darker shade).
    Also, did anyone else think that Jacob was being unusually aggressive and forward during the flashbacks (as opposed to his generally passive, ambiguous attitude)?

9. Movies & TV   -   #139
    The last episode was pretty decent, and in my opinion did answer a fair share of questions. One of my only complaints now are what they are planning to do with Sayid. One of the show's main themes is redemption, and the way Sayid seems to be going right now, he isn't getting any of it. The show just seems to make Sayid out to be incredibly one dimensional - will see another side of him later?

Stephen Colbert bashes ABC's constant ad of "V" on the Lost airing:

http://www.tv.com/letterman-colbert-...spot;gumball;1

...Now available on microwave. XD
    Last edited by Rart; 04-02-2010 at 11:38 PM. Reason: Dumb typo

10. Movies & TV   -   #140
    Totti's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21BT Rep +21
    All's great on the lost front except for 1 thing! what the hell is going on with Walt??? i'm convinced he will play some part in this season and let's not forget about jack's father Christian!

Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 411121314151617 ... LastLast