Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: The Lost Thread (Starts 2-2-10)

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    That's an interesting theory.Since the exact significance of the numbers was never explained it makes some sort of sense that things being radically out of balance might have changed them.
    Now I'll have to watch more closely.

2. Movies & TV   -   #12
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    My first theory of the season...The numbers have changed.

I submit that Ben turning the frozen donkey wheel at the end of season 4 had a profound effect on the numbers. A new variable has been introduced. Either one of the numbers has been replaced by the number 3 or 3 is a new 7th number.

When Kate and Aaron are visiting Sun at the hotel, and Aaron asks if he can push the button in the elevator, the number 3 and 13 buttons are clearly missing. Okay, most hotels don't have a 13th floor but that's the first I've seen without a 3rd floor.

Also, when Ben visits the butcher shop, and takes a ticket, the number on it is 342. The 3 is printed in a different typeface to the 42. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of references to the number 3 in upcoming episodes.

Or maybe not.
    Oh you fucker. Now I have to watch the whole episode over again.

yo

3. Movies & TV   -   #13
    i will but FAT HURLEY pisses me off

i got nothing against fat people btw.. my acc name is pig
    Last edited by pig098; 01-26-2009 at 08:44 PM.

4. Movies & TV   -   #14
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    If it's any consolation I hear he's not crazy about you either.

5. Movies & TV   -   #15
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    If it's any consolation I hear he's not crazy about you either.
    he was when i bought him french fries......

6. Movies & TV   -   #16
    xbawksz's Avatar is hueg BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by chalice View Post
    My first theory of the season...The numbers have changed.

I submit that Ben turning the frozen donkey wheel at the end of season 4 had a profound effect on the numbers. A new variable has been introduced. Either one of the numbers has been replaced by the number 3 or 3 is a new 7th number.

When Kate and Aaron are visiting Sun at the hotel, and Aaron asks if he can push the button in the elevator, the number 3 and 13 buttons are clearly missing. Okay, most hotels don't have a 13th floor but that's the first I've seen without a 3rd floor.

Also, when Ben visits the butcher shop, and takes a ticket, the number on it is 342. The 3 is printed in a different typeface to the 42. I suspect we'll be seeing a lot of references to the number 3 in upcoming episodes.

Or maybe not.
    interesting theory, we'll just have to wait and search for references to the number 3 on wednesday

7. Movies & TV   -   #17
    MODERATION
    I saw the new episodes.

8. Movies & TV   -   #18
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    It appears evermore likely now that Miss Hawking is Daniel Faraday's mother. I was sceptical at the beginning what with Faraday telling Desmond that his mother was in Oxford. This was seemingly scuppered by the fact that Ben was speaking to Hawking in LA. We now have it confirmed by Widmore that she's in LA.

Add to that Hawking's forename is Eloise, which was also the name of Faraday's time-skipping rat from The Constant in season 4. Furthermore, the blonde girl Ellie (clearly a nickname for Eloise) who appears in this weeks ep, seems to be an on-island version of Hawking from 50 years ago.

Questions-

Did Faraday recognise the young Hawking as his mother and chose only to say that she 'looked familiar'?

Were Widmore and Hawking romantically involved, become pregnant and have to leave the island so that the birth of their baby (Faraday? Penny? someone else?) could be safely achieved?

Is the radiation from the H-Bomb responsible for the birth defects on the island?

Was the 'incident' which necessitated the pushing of the Swan Station computer buttons by Desmond related in some way to the H-Bomb? Even, was the H-Bomb buried beneath the Swan Station?

I don't fucking know. So don't ask me.

9. Movies & TV   -   #19
    0.0 BT Rep: +1
    you can check the episodes here
    http://stv4you.blogspot.com/

10. Movies & TV   -   #20
    This season is, until episode 3, superb! What do you think?

Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast