Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sharing accounts good or bad? What do you think?

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    I think sharing an account with people you know in RL is ok because for the most part you're controlling what they are doing. I don't think it angers trackers as much as you seemingly inviting yourself.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    teresckova's Avatar liVinG tHe future BT Rep: +1
    never shared my accounts with someone,couse my accounts are just for me+ i ve never find someone trusth worthy..

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    OK scenario for you.

You share your account, give someone a torrent from that tracker that has a seedbox, to buffer the account for you.

they take a look at the announce, oh look your passkey.

any scene torrent uploaded anywhere (even TPB) they can put your announce in, and download from that private tracker, on your account, on that private tracker.

So is it worth it, hmm nope i dont think so.

and if they really wanted to be gits, they could put your passkey in a torrent, and upload it to Mininova/ISO Hunt etc, and get 1000 ppl downloading it, it puts what everyone does on your account, on that one torrent.

I have seen someone have 400gig+ downloaded and 25gig uploaded on 1 torrent, because he shared his account, so yes it can and does happen.
    Last edited by stoi; 01-22-2009 at 09:04 AM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    RedRansom's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    OK scenario for you.

You share your account, give someone a torrent from that tracker that has a seedbox, to buffer the account for you.

they take a look at the announce, oh look your passkey.

any scene torrent uploaded anywhere (even TPB) they can put your announce in, and download from that private tracker, on your account, on that private tracker.

So is it worth it, hmm nope i dont think so.

and if they really wanted to be gits, they could put your passkey in a torrent, and upload it to Mininova/ISO Hunt etc, and get 1000 ppl downloading it, it puts what everyone does on your account, on that one torrent.

I have seen someone have 400gig+ downloaded and 25gig uploaded on 1 torrent, because he shared his account, so yes it can and does happen.
    I saw same story for TL someone uploaded 3 files of tl(each ones 35gb) to mininova and nothing happened just wast of time...
    Well if you ask me why he do this just want to sure TL is a bull$hit tracker with some idiot staff members(moderators)
    this is why tl number 1 cheated tracker...(sarcasm to their script)
    btw tl was too hard to alive when i had my tl invite i would nearly banned for slot and low ratio, funny i had 2 X100mbit seedboxes at the time...
    well want to say if you dont set on river it will continue to flow...
    edit
    about topic already seedbox partners sharing accounts and if you are trusting someone and planing to share acc if he/she do something wrong this musnt be hurt you! cuz already you are guarantor of your friend...
    Last edited by RedRansom; 01-22-2009 at 02:56 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    TheFoX's Avatar www.arsebook.com
    Should we share our accounts?

The question you should really ask is would you share your wife or girlfriend with the builders up the road.

Some things are made for sharing, like Callard and Bowser, like experiences, like music.

Some things are not for sharing, like partners, like your pride and joy (car), like your arse (unless your into homosexual bestiality).

The simple fact is that we have to draw the line somewhere. You may lend a mate your CD collection, but would you really give him half of your wages each week. Some things are personal, like you designer clothes, while other things can be shared.

You make your choice. Let's hope it is the right choice.
    Last edited by TheFoX; 01-23-2009 at 12:02 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    This depends on the rules of the site
    But i don't like sharing acc.
    Last edited by PeteSampras; 01-23-2009 at 12:19 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    2 Million Ways BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    good if you give it to real friends . bad if you give them to fst people

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    A lot of people here like to go to extremes I think. I have trouble seeing the similarities between sharing some personal account on the Internet and sharing my wife/girlfriend with builders up the road.

Also I have trouble seeing why I would not want to lend my car to a friend if he needed it. If they don't have anything to wear and we are same size, well then why not let them borrow some clothes of mine. They now that if anything happens, then they need to replace or reimburse me for loss.

Maybe it because where I live, we actually keep the friends we trust, trust being the keyword here. I have lost track of the times where I have gone to the store with a friends/relative/girlfriends credit card using his/her personal PIN. Did they feel they had to change the PIN afterwards? No, because here we have this thing called trust.

I feel exactly that way about any account of mine, which only rules prevent me from sharing with friends if need be.

Also there is degree of friendship. Do you trust your friend with your car or credit card.. well then why not trust him with your account as well.

Again we are talking about friends in real life here. Not someone who can buffer your account or someone you have only talked to on the Internet, because that's not the same level of friendship.
    Last edited by Blue_Skies; 01-23-2009 at 02:08 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    If somebody in my family, or one of my good real life friends, knew how to use bittorrent, then I may consider letting one of them use one of my accounts if they asked. But for strangers on the internet(no matter how well I "knew" them), no way. You never know what a person would do to your account.

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    mamacita's Avatar Tarding is bad!! BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    I honestly don't understand why you wouldn't just invite the person to the tracker if you trust them enough to share your account.

Honestly, its not hard to get invites to most places, and if the tracker you want to share is really hard to get invites to...you probably shouldn't be thinking about sharing it in the first place, as security is a top priority for them.
    Kindness goes a long way!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast