Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sharing accounts good or bad? What do you think?

sefo's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    As we all know torrent is about sharing, but does that reach the point of sharing your accounts with your friends?! and is that legal or illegal? Why? And what are your thoughts?

Trust everyone, Just don't trust the devil inside them.

Looking for GFT

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    BANNED BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    lol its easy question:
    first if there is any rule that dsnt allow u to share ur acct then nono

second i think accounts were imagine for 1 person werent they? so 1 acct per 1 person

but there are some aspects that arent easy to understand for example if i share the info for my friend from my pc, but if i dloaded it from the site that dsnt allow me to share it, that itll be illegal

summat

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    if he is from same country and maybe has same ISP i think it would be ok

don't forget to mention in the profile that you are sharing

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    TTi clearly says you can share it.
    i've shared only a couple of accounts ever, and it was not even truly sharing. i gave it to my RL friend to use it, and when he got an invite in my account i'd send him.
    I remember we were taking coffee and i was pissing him to be more active hehe.
    Last edited by Cabalo; 01-21-2009 at 08:22 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    I think noone would have thought about this 4 years ago. Now the BT world has evolved and we have to show off by our ultra buffered accounts. So let's share'em with a friend.

Tbh, I've never shared an account with a friend and I don't plan to. I don't have many RL friends that are into BT, though.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    it depends on the tracker's rules.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    MODERATION BT Rep: +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20BT Rep +20
    I think it should be 1 acc per person per life.

It all depends of the tracker rules. KG allows up to 3 ips, I think that TT and SCT allows sharing as well. Usually if you trust a someone to share you acc with, you could at least try to get him/her an invite to the tracker.
    One more thing: nowadays torrents is not only about sharing and community. it's about long "e-dicks" (how most of you love to call it), about levels, seedboxes and huge buffered account and not least about money...

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Night0wl's Avatar GoaHead BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    It's against most sites rules, but if it's opinion you want, then I really don't see the hurt in letting an IRL friend download stuff on your account (emphasis on IRL). I probably would not do this, because of the risk of getting banned, but that doesn't mean I agree with the rule.

Like mentioned above, not being allowed to share with a friend does kinda go against the whole idea of sharing.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    During new years I let my wife's cousin pick a few things to download on a few sites. I imagine as long as you are there with them you could share it.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    During new years I let my wife's cousin pick a few things to download on a few sites. I imagine as long as you are there with them you could share it.
    yea id only share it if i was with them.

Quote Originally Posted by sefo View Post
    ! and is that legal or illegal? ?
    yea its totally legal lol,
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 01-22-2009 at 01:42 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast