Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Searching for short titles like "v" or "up"

So i'm sure this is an absolutely ridiculous question, but do you guys have any tips for finding shows and movies with short titles?

It seems like the search engine doesn't let you search for single or double characters, understandably, so how do i find shows like V, or a movie like UP in the listings?

2. Newsgroups   -   #2
    iLOVENZB's Avatar FST Crew BT Rep: +1
    up <source> or <year> or <codec> or <group>

eg. "up 2009" or or "up bdrip" "up bdrip 2009" etc..
    Last edited by iLOVENZB; 11-18-2009 at 07:28 AM.
    "Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music"

3. Newsgroups   -   #3
    Belleaux's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by llama85 View Post
    So i'm sure this is an absolutely ridiculous question, but do you guys have any tips for finding shows and movies with short titles?

It seems like the search engine doesn't let you search for single or double characters, understandably, so how do i find shows like V, or a movie like UP in the listings?
    lol I had the same problem with those two titles

4. Newsgroups   -   #4
    newsgroupie
    Use general search engines like Google that don't have a 3 or 4 character minimum, and add "NZB" to the search terms, and maybe other modifiers like "xvid" "divx" "avi" "x264" or whatever.

It seems all the major NZB sites are indexed in Google.

5. Newsgroups   -   #5
    BANNED
    ^"v "

6. Newsgroups   -   #6
    I still can't search for V.. I used "V", "v", "V_2009", "v_2009", "V 2009", "v 2009" all failed. Anyone has a sure fire way to search for it?

7. Newsgroups   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +4
    Just tried searching "V.2009.S01" (WITH the inverted commas) and it worked in NZBIndex.nl for me. If you know the exact scene release, just put inverted commas around it and make sure the full stops are there and NZBIndex will return with results. Example: http://nzbindex.nl/search/?q=%22V.20...espam=1&more=0

EDIT: Looks like that method doesn't work here at the FST nzb index.
    Last edited by renwickftw; 12-09-2009 at 09:05 AM.

8. Newsgroups   -   #8
    Funnily enough i was looking QI, i saw season 3 or something was on here so i thought id look up the other, needless to say i had trouble and still am :/

9. Newsgroups   -   #9
    MultiForce's Avatar Poster
    It's the way the movie industry is going to get rid of the "pirates". It's all a conspiracy.

10. Newsgroups   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by MultiForce View Post
    It's the way the movie industry is going to get rid of the "pirates". It's all a conspiracy.
    It can't be, they'll run out of short name soon enough.
    Last edited by maphongbax; 12-09-2009 at 09:01 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast