Thread: Outlook Express

Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Is there anyway to set Outlook to stay open in the system tray and automatically check for new email on the server say every 3-5 minutes?

Also, Outlook is set so that I can't open .exe attachments, I know it's a good thing, but some attachments I do want to open. Is there any way to open a specific executable attachment without setting it to open every one. I know that there has been some email virus problems with Outlook automatically opening these type of attachments.

(Well I think this belongs in software...)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    You can get it to check for mail every so often (minutes), but you can't set it to hide in the system tray//

Its either all or none for the attachements AFAIK

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Izagaia's Avatar Her angel of darkness
    Beyond midnight, near you, in darkness...
    I am not sure why you are having problems with attachments. I use Outlook as well (the version that is bundled with OfficeXP Pro- 2002 I think it is) and it allows me to open all attachments seperately without opening anything on it's own automatically.

As for using OE for opening attachments go here.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Damnatory's Avatar OTL BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Originally posted by Izagaia@13 September 2003 - 22:43
    As for using OE for opening attachments go here.
    Thanks for your help, I guess I have to allow all attachments. It's not like I haven't killed a few viruses using K-lite before. What's one more?

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    There are programs to allow you to minimize any program to the system tray, I was suing actual tile buttons for a while and it was ok. there is also a free one linked to on lamsey's homepage, check his sig.

If you wanna use outlook, instead of OE (recommended) there is a program called attatchment options that will do all of the above that you are requesting.