Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: Kind and rather lenghty request v2 (FTN)! (or SCC)

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    OP, you should simply close this thread and establish your self here more for a couple of months. Make some helpful post, and make some friends. Now, making friends on these forums are tough. So, in that case, I'd recommend setting your immediate tracker goals to getting into trackers or BT communities that allow you to interact and make friends at a more intimate level than here. I encourage you to join your current trackers IRC's and getting to know the people in there From there you may even find someone that would want to invite you to FTN. Anyways, what you decide to do with your thread is up to you. If you want to keep receving snarky comments, arguing, and whatnot then by all means leave it open.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #62
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    mmmh, i can't stand this trend which consist in saying that you should make friends, use trackers forums and meet people in irc blablabla....
    damn, you must realize that when saying that, you encourage the person in his hunt and you highly imply that he should make "the good friends" in the intention to reach his goal: getting in his "dream tracker" (knowing that this advice is generally given to level hunters).
    Last edited by cinephilia; 01-25-2009 at 06:28 AM.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

3. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #63
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by cinephilia View Post
    mmmh, i can't stand this trend which consist in saying that you should make friends, use trackers forums and meet people in irc blablabla....
    damn, you must realize that when saying that, you encourage the person in his hunt and you highly imply that he should make "the good friends" in the intention to reach his goal: getting in his "dream tracker" (knowing that this advice is generally given to level hunters).
    touché.
    It's a big load of crap that "make friends" advice.
    Either it happens naturally, or it doesn't. Either you sympathize someone, or you don't. that's it.

4. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #64
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    We'll for the most part people aren't going to be invited to "elite" trackers like FTN without people who know or like you. Typically, people that know and like you are called friends. How do you make friends you put yourself out there you talk to people you get to know them and they get to know you. How do you do that in torrenting? You find places where you meet like minded people and share your interests. Sooner or later you will become friends. Where do you find those type of places to hang out, you do it by participating in your trackers forums, and irc. I'm not saying a person should join those places just to kiss ass and get invites. They should care about the community and the people within it. Even if a person is just there looking for invites sooner or later they're bound to make a friend.
    Last edited by Sanka113; 01-25-2009 at 07:46 AM.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #65
    cinephilia's Avatar I don't like you BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    Either it happens naturally, or it doesn't. Either you sympathize someone, or you don't. that's it.
    exactly.
    whenever people agree with me, i always feel i must be wrong.

6. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #66
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    My advice to him to reach his goals would be this:
    Be a Whore, post as many Thank yous and Good Lucks", agree with as many people as possible even if they are wrong(that's how you make friends), lie about the reasons "why you want to get into trackers".
    When somone says that your favorite tracker is a hype, do the impossible to prove them wrong(that way you look kgood infront of the admins, and they might drop a PM), and also don't forget to point out the bad seeds and sucks up to the forum mods.

If you follow these steps carefully, then you will be where you want to be at...Once you're then you can show who you really are. Op you will thank me for this advice one day.
    And if this doesn't work....Remember, you can always resort to trading.

7. BitTorrent Invite Giveaways & Trades   -   #67
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Well said Albo Da Kid ;-)

Got myself invited into SCC. Thanks for all the posts - these informative and non-informative. Closing the topic as I got what I wanted.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567