Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do traders cheat?

Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80
    all traders don't cheat (cheat as in ratio cheating) but they do cheat entire bt community by trading accounts, misusing buffers, holding dupe accounts, inviting random trade partners who likely is a bad apple (ratio cheater, invite seller, hit and runner, and a trader at least).

Quote Originally Posted by puckface View Post

traders=cheater does not equal cheater=trader
    but you're saying they are already equal "="

Spoiler: Show
    Last edited by squirr3l; 01-24-2009 at 05:05 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #32
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Quote Originally Posted by squirr3l View Post
    all traders don't cheat (cheat as in ratio cheating) but they do cheat entire bt community by trading accounts, misusing buffers, holding dupe accounts, inviting random trade partners who likely is a bad apple (ratio cheater, invite seller, hit and runner, and a trader at least).

traders=cheater does not equal cheater=trader

traders => cheaters =/ cheater => trader
    =/ is the same as does not equal.... thats what I wrote. Also, I do not a see a difference between a trader and a person who gives invites away at will.

Quote Originally Posted by 105802 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    I'm a trader who doesn't cheat. Hell, I even have multiple accounts in many places, but I've never committed anything fraudulent and I've never cheated on my ratio.
    Edited by D
    what a nice boy you are.... now if that doesnt merit a warning or a ban, I dont know what does. Hell I got an infraction for calling someone a bigot.
    Last edited by Detale; 01-24-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Go Leafs Go.

3. BitTorrent   -   #33
    john pal's Avatar )-_-( BT Rep: +1
    calm down people because otherwise this thread will be shutdown. in the world we have bad people, good people and people who does not give a sh*t to that. And they exist everywhere in every place. Is not an exclusive of a category. Deal with it by being a better person and try to convince others in a reasonable conversation. But try this on people that are avaiable to listen otherwise leave them talking to the wall.

4. BitTorrent   -   #34
    Poster BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by stitched View Post
    all cheaters might trade but all traders dont cheat....
    ur statement is like A knows B ,B knows C , so A knows C...which is not true, they teach this in highschool maths
    hehe, thats what I thought of, only I think i learned it in a philosophy class or something.

That being said, Im sure a lot of traders do cheat......I just always figured it was the fastest way for these jackasses to buffer their accounts to trade them.

Also, ppl that think they can trade themselves to the top, are IMO being lazy, not putting in the time, or bandwidth or whatever to get his/her goals. Why would these people stop cutting corners there?
    Last edited by That1Guy; 01-24-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    DO NOT PM me 4 invites thanks

5. BitTorrent   -   #35
    Poster

Quote Originally Posted by basilhaydens View Post
    I'm a trader who doesn't cheat. Hell, I even have multiple accounts in many places, but I've never committed anything fraudulent and I've never cheated on my ratio.
    Edited by D
    what a nice boy you are.... now if that doesnt merit a warning or a ban, I dont know what does. Hell I got an infraction for calling someone a bigot.
    2 point infraction for flaming someone who has blatant disregard for any trackers rules

i dont understand why he doesnt get banned but i get burnt with a 2 point infraction

lammeeeee

6. BitTorrent   -   #36
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    you wouldn't need to survey the whole population........ just a small number and then calculate a percentage based off that... isn't that how they do any other survey... ??
    However i'll have to agree with Detale, it still wouldn't be feasible nor would it be accepted ......... it still would be interesting though
    Yes this is the way it's done now, they take a small group and survey them but this is why all statistics are irrelevant and bullshit. Without surveying at very least a majority of the parties involved it makes no sense.

Lets say I survey 10 people here at FST and it so happens that 8 of them are from Canada then the stat would say that 80% of our members were Canadians and this is absurdly inaccurate see -Penn and Teller Bullshit-

Edited by D
    2 point infraction for flaming someone who has blatant disregard for any trackers rules

i dont understand why he doesnt get banned but i get burnt with a 2 point infraction

lammeeeee
    Rule 14 - Mod/Admin Decisions Decisions of the Administrators or Moderators ARE NOT up for public discussion or questioning and any such discussion or questioning will not be tolerated. Complaints concerning moderators or their actions may be discussed with that moderator or brought to the attention of an administrator by means of a Private Message (PM) or create a thread in the Report Section.

If you do this again you will get another infraction, Thanks
    Last edited by Detale; 01-24-2009 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

7. BitTorrent   -   #37
    Poster BT Rep: +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80BT Rep +80

traders => cheaters =/ cheater => trader
    =/ is the same as does not equal.... thats what I wrote. Also, I do not a see a difference between a trader and a person who gives invites away at will.
    i was not comparing =/ with does not equal

what i was saying was more in the line of...

traders equals "=" cheaters IS same as cheaters equals "=" traders

vs.

traders implies "=>" cheaters IS NOT same as cheaters imples "=>" traders

oh well.
    Last edited by squirr3l; 01-24-2009 at 08:35 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #38
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Much as I dislike the way trading has evolved and grown out of proportion I'd be surprised if nowadays that many of them cheat given the easy access to seedboxes. Several years ago unless you lived in a Scandinavian country you had shit upload speeds so yes some of the traders had to cheat to get invites and buffer their accounts.

So far most of those posting in this thread haven't been traders. I'd like to hear what our most prolific traders have to say about this.

9. BitTorrent   -   #39
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

i was not comparing =/ with does not equal

what i was saying was more in the line of...

traders equals "=" cheaters IS same as cheaters equals "=" traders

vs.

traders implies "=>" cheaters IS NOT same as cheaters imples "=>" traders

oh well.
    miscommunication, now i got it
    Go Leafs Go.

10. BitTorrent   -   #40
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    Yes this is the way it's done now, they take a small group and survey them but this is why all statistics are irrelevant and bullshit. Without surveying at very least a majority of the parties involved it makes no sense.

Lets say I survey 10 people here at FST and it so happens that 8 of them are from Canada then the stat would say that 80% of our members were Canadians and this is absurdly inaccurate see -Penn and Teller Bullshit-
    Nah, the way statistics work is that a survey has a % of significance depending on the number of respontents there are, and how they are selected.. if you would survey 10 people on FST, the results would have a very low statistical significance. unless you survey everyone, you can never say for sure (100%).. but with a good sample, you might be able to draw a conclusion that might vary lets say +-2.5% of the real value.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast