Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why do traders cheat?

peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Because they can .

2. BitTorrent   -   #12
    Dr_Green_Thumb's Avatar Mangina BT Rep: +4
    I used to trade back in the day and I have never cheated but I think if you talk to any BT admin or FLS they will tell you that traders and cheaters go hand in hand.

3. BitTorrent   -   #13
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    Scum. Sub-human scum.
    Now go away.

4. BitTorrent   -   #14
    Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Yeah the whole "most traders probably cheat" theory is pretty listless unless you've got hard facts. Now, most cheaters probably cheat so that they can trade their large buffered accounts for more trade bait. While trading puts a person's account at risk cheating is even more of a risk. Most traders probably want to keep their accounts around so they have invites to trade.
    See ya in another life, brother.

5. BitTorrent   -   #15
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    prove me wrong and name a single cheater who does not trade
    I don't have to prove you wrong this is your statement to defend . As others have noted Maybe cheaters trade but traders don't necessarily cheat. I traded when I first started out and have never cheated or lied about it.

Quote Originally Posted by spark View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Skies View Post

Well shouldn't it be "why do cheaters trade?" then?
    cheaters and traders are two sides of the same coin
    No they're not. Cheaters are intentionally doing something dishonest. Traders, while most I believe know full well what they are doing, some are simply misguided and don't know any better. Not to mention if they are trading invites from trackers that don't care if they are traded then they are breaking no rules anywhere. The subject which I have debated on a bizillion times already is waay too vast and has too many points on both sides for you to simply say traders and cheaters are the same. It simply isn't true dude.

6. BitTorrent   -   #16
    sheriff 01's Avatar Safety First! BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    My question to anyone here is why would anyone even give a rats ass if a trader cheats anyway. The fact that it bothers some people
    only means that the trader-cheater has had victory over you because he has made you upset. Just let it all go and ignore the trader-cheaters
    as best as you can and focus more on positive things and enjoy life.
    Last edited by sheriff 01; 01-24-2009 at 05:12 AM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #17
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    all cheaters might trade but all traders dont cheat....
    ur statement is like A knows B ,B knows C , so A knows C...which is not true, they teach this in highschool maths and u want proof for that ,
    i have read a lot of accusation about traders being this....traders being that....but this is first of its kind. i am pretty sure even some of the anti-traders would disagree u on this or may be not but it doesnt matter.

i am a trader i am there in quiet a few torrent sites and i havent cheated,unless u prove that every single one of the traders have cheated u should refrain form making such a generalization. i guess without topics like this there wouldnt be much fun in fst... it always ends in stale mate
    Last edited by stitched; 01-24-2009 at 05:21 AM.

"All that is gold does not glitter;all that is long does not last;All that is old does not wither; not all that is over is past..... "

8. BitTorrent   -   #18
    Skiz's Avatar (_8(I)
    Quote Originally Posted by Detale View Post
    I don't have to prove you wrong this is your statement to defend .
    Exactly.

This is a popular tactic amongst religious zealots and conspiracy theorists. Some people are open to any possibility, and honestly examine all evidence in a rational manner to come to a conclusion, followed by a moral evaluation. Others start with a desire for a specific moral evaluation, and then work backwards assembling any fact that supports them, and dismissing any fact that does not.

It's an illusion of coherence and little more.

yo

9. BitTorrent   -   #19
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    you guys talk about proof.... what proof would you consider to be anywheres remotely accurate... Detale mentioned about studies... that would be an interesting one to follow... BUt, then again how many people would participate and be truthful while doing it? ..O.o
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. BitTorrent   -   #20
    Detale's Avatar Go Snatch a Judge
    Exactly my point! There is no way you could survey anywhere near the entire populous of the trader community of the world. This is why its an absurd thing to say as you could never have valid or accurate proof.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast