Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do F*N users trade their invites?

brightsid's Avatar Larisssssssaaaaaaa BT Rep: +4
    There isn't a tracker you can call it THE BEST for everyone
    It's personal opinion and you know what they say about opinions
    We make a living by what we get,
    we make a life by what we give

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    http://www.realpoor.com/FTN_invites_...t_t176869.html and this is coming from a guy who has FTN

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Before anyone reads this and thinks "lets start up a request thread for one" a lottery is held for everyone who donated that month so only certain members get invites. Realistically, no-one who donates to get an invite is going to simply give it away to a stranger....and if any FTN member decides to trade it then effectively they are paying for the account they are trading for. Can't see too many doing that.
    Do you know how many invite sellers and traders donate to sites every month??
    I used to know this invite seller in a private forum, who had a donation status in every tracker. This guy would donate everywhere, get invites, sell them and use a little of the earned money to donate again. If some of you didn't already know, invite selling has become a business in the torrent world.
    Matter fact the whole kin concept of "p2p free sharing" has become a business if you dig deep down and look at it in a realistic point of view.
    Not all donors donate because they care for the site.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-25-2009 at 10:37 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    Poster
    if we had some invites, maybe we would trade them

j/k

its simple though ... rare are people who would risk their account by trading an invite here ... for example, i had 2 invites so far, and i gave them to 2 trusted e-friends...

cheers

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    Ovisan seems to have put FTN up on some extremely high imaginary pedestal.

Anyways, I think you would be surprised by the amount of people that trade FTN invites. There are douchebags in every tracker, including FTN.

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    viru5's Avatar ~ Addicted BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    If they have ftn they are good users.

what they want to trade?

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    Quote Originally Posted by viru5 View Post

what they want to trade?
    you have no idea of what you are talking about, do you?

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    Look...coming from someone who has FTN.

FTN, a year ago, invites weren't that rare as it was request based. Now they are pretty damn rare and not many invites will end up in the hands of someone who will trade it.

As for quality, no it is not better than ScT. Pre times are good, but speeds aren't as good as ScT. If you do have a slow connection, then you will enjoy the ratio free feature of the site. The community is good too, around the same quality as ScT. I do enjoy downloading the HD releases without worrying about the ratio so I guess that is a good thing.

It is not the best torrent site out there though. It has a low userbase which isn't the best for speeds and archive, but it does provide fast pre times. Many of the people just want the site because of its rarity. The BS about the other reasons is just BS.

BTW, I would say 20-30% of the people in FTN got their invite by illegal means. Don't fool yourself into thinking that FTN users are chivalrous. its just that the FTN staff has limited invites and only within the last week, have started them back up again into limited users.

It wasn't hard getting a ftn invite last year. This forum used to be really good a year ago as well, things die I guess
    Last edited by iam1337; 01-26-2009 at 05:35 AM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    Di@monds's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    Quote Originally Posted by viru5 View Post

what they want to trade?
    hahahhaah lmao
    vision and flawless are among the best scene rls groups

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ghurka View Post
    Before anyone reads this and thinks "lets start up a request thread for one" a lottery is held for everyone who donated that month so only certain members get invites. Realistically, no-one who donates to get an invite is going to simply give it away to a stranger....and if any FTN member decides to trade it then effectively they are paying for the account they are trading for. Can't see too many doing that.
    Do you know how many invite sellers and traders donate to sites every month??
    I used to know this invite seller in a private forum, who had a donation status in every tracker. This guy would donate everywhere, get invites, sell them and use a little of the earned money to donate again. If some of you didn't already know, invite selling has become a business in the torrent world.
    Matter fact the whole kin concept of "p2p free sharing" has become a business if you dig deep down and look at it in a realistic point of view.
    Not all donors donate because they care for the site.
    But that's different and it wouldn't surprise me if there are invite sellers out there doing it this way but why would traders want to buy invites simply to trade to get into another site....unless of course this is simply a game to them.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast