Thread: Tea With Terrorists

Teawithterrorists dot com , go there and you'll be amazed , this crap was actually promoted on Coast to Coast AM

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Poster
    It's a novel. A work of fiction.

What's your point.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    BANNED
    Actually, JPaul, if you read the authors' comments, they claim it is, in fact true, that the future scenario was the fiction, not the "facts"

http://www.teawithterrorists.com/teawithte...ists/reader.asp

B)

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    Poster
    Tea with Terrorists may be a work of fiction, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t true!
    Exactly what is written there

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    It would appear to be a novel which claims to be the "truth". I recall one Erich Von Daniken who used to preface his publicity blurbs in a similar way.

I had a look at the link and read a little of the chapter on offer. I fear the prose was not to my taste and got bored. It appeared to be a sensationalist, bandwagon jumping piece of opportunism, but perhaps I am being harsh.

I hardly think it is groundbreaking that the two sides in the ME flash point each believe the other side are inhuman monsters. That any form of Jihad develops a life and rational of its own, reaching a critical point when it no longer requires any external stimulus to maintain momentum is a given. This is not new.

Did anyone with more perserverance than I get any sense out of it? I would be most upset if I had mis-judged it and failed to notice a blinding revelation.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    netweiser (old)
    Teawithterrorists dot com could you post http://www.teawithterrorists.com in future please!

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Poster
    Originally posted by netweiser@16 September 2003 - 23:02
    Teawithterrorists dot com could you post http://www.teawithterrorists.com in future please!
    You think it likely that he will post this again ?

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    I posted my message for several reasons. The book was promoted on Coast to Coast AM. The show , according to the host , has 10 million listeners. Its part of the conservative/republican "premier radio network". Its broadcoast in the USA and over the net. Thats why it bothered me. So many people heard the crap...and the guy said " if muslims knew what their religion is really about they wouldn't be muslims".