Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Blackcats

Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    in IRC forever probably.
    Might want to change the notice in the waitingroom then.

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    As far as i know it says do not ask for invites as they do not exist, or words to that effect, tbh when i sign in i never see the waiting room lol

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    ya i really wish i could get in there again it was an amazing site but i lost my account a while ago when the site got hacked. it was very dissappointing

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    Dec 2006 then?

that was the last time we got hacked, and we have opened up to 100,000 members since then, so you could not have been trying very hard lol (we were open for about 4-6 months)

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Poster
    As far as i know it says do not ask for invites as they do not exist, or words to that effect, tbh when i sign in i never see the waiting room lol
    "Don't think of asking for invites on IRC or via PM (but if you chat you never know what may happen.)" Set by stoi on Mon Jan 19 15:31:38

The last part of your notice is misleading then. You'll basically have people, including me at one time, chatting and waiting for any word from an admin. Other sites employ this kind of invite feature as well on their irc channels, so they may assume the same of yours.

You should consider changing it. False hope sucks

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonhaze View Post
    "Don't think of asking for invites on IRC or via PM (but if you chat you never know what may happen.)" Set by stoi on Mon Jan 19 15:31:38

The last part of your notice is misleading then. You'll basically have people, including me at one time, chatting and waiting for any word from an admin. Other sites employ this kind of invite feature as well on their irc channels, so they may assume the same of yours.

You should consider changing it. False hope sucks
    exaclty why I stayed up all night to hang in #waitingroom it def says chat in the room and you never know, suggesting that even tually i'd hear from someone...

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    IRC Zline nothing mate, i never get into IRC these days.

Login in every couple of hours, again i can only speak for myself, but i have not had to login for about 1 year.

Only time i had to was when i changed PCs, so go onto a laptop sign in, i would be logged out upstairs on my desktop, and vice versa, even on the same IP, so if you change PCs a lot, then that is why.
    've never changed my PC, well since I'm not the only person around I guess it still depends on your luck.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Does your IP change a lot, if your IP changes every 2 hours, then that will cause it as well.

and oops i forgot about that in the waiting room, i put that on because every time i have went into the waiting room, it has been dead.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    If I was browsing with my IP I wouldn't even be able to login, I'm using my ISP's static proxy which is for all to access the site so I'll be recognised as that IP instead of getting kicked out seconds later for a NAT IP.

On sites like PTN I'll have to use that too, since the site itself doesn't makes use of cookies to keep me logged in.

Well stoi, if you're afraid I'm doing something bad I can always give you my IP too.

Just hope I don't get DDOS'ed.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Stoi, I'm just gonna be blunt instead of kissing ass, I hate ass kissers. Can you hit me with an invite? I've been in the waiting room for like 2 hours and no one is even saying anything. The MOTD still says for people hang to hang to get invites. I would really like to get in so if you would be kind enough I'll pass my email address over to you. Thanks in advance. and I appreciate your time.
    Last edited by iLLoGiCaL000; 01-29-2009 at 06:29 PM.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast