Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Do I Know I'm Safe Using P2p?

people should move to other filesharing alternatives
    bittorent is easy to use, it's safer (at the moment) than kazaa and speeds are generally about the same as kazaa
    newsgroups can take a while to learn, however, they are extremely fast and if you have a good usenet account (either free with isp or paid) you can get things before they come onto kazaa
    irc is easy to use after your client is setup and can be very quick, only the queues put it down
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Poster
    I never liked bittorent, I never get good decent speeds using it. Te best I got was 18kb/sec which lasted for like 5mins. And everything else I tried downloading on BT went at only 2kb/sec. Even after waiting for an hr or two, speed still going really slowly. At least with kazaa, when you get a file with a lot of sources, download speed will definitely hit a max.

I will try perrguardian or if push comes to shove, I have to get the new klite.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    you should try the azureus bitt client
    i find it better than any other client
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@15 September 2003 - 14:42
    you should try the azureus bitt client
    i find it better than any other client
    Does the client really affect your download speed? I&#39;m using shad0w&#39;s experimental client and I&#39;m getting the very same results as the original bitt and the other experimental bitt. I&#39;ll try this Azureus sooon, btu I&#39;ve already lost most of my faith in bitt.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Benno@14 September 2003 - 20:12
    Im sure your parents arent against it if you show them what they can get through kazaa, my parents come regularly to me and want things.
    My parents really don&#39;t care...even if I got something nice for them off kazaa, they won&#39;t really bother where I got them. And if they want more, they;ll just ask..

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@15 September 2003 - 05:28
    bittorent is easy to use, it&#39;s safer (at the moment) than kazaa and speeds are generally about the same as kazaa
    Actually, when it comes to downloading movies, BitTorrent is monitored probably more heavily than Kazaa is&#33;

Any website that hosts torrents of movies or complete music albums quickly becomes a target for RIAA&#39;s or MPAA&#39;s monitoring agents.

BitTorrent can EASILY give copyright monitors COMPLETE lists of whoever is trying to download (and upload, due to how BitTorrent works) a certain file.

Such is IMPOSSIBLE on Kazaa.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    Actually, when it comes to downloading movies, BitTorrent is monitored probably more heavily than Kazaa is&#33;
    Right&#33;&#33;

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by sharedholder@15 September 2003 - 10:19
    Right&#33;&#33;
    I need to add that Kazaa IS heavily monitored, but due to how BIG the fasttrack network is, it&#39;s possible even likely for the monitoring agents to miss download attempts for a movie. After all, downloads on Kazaa are point-to-point -- you connect directly to the computer sharing the file without any fasttrack connections in the middle (unless you or the other end is FIREWALLED/behind a router). Because of that, the download request would NOT be broadcast on the network. (However, your initial search for the movie/album/whatever IS broadcast -- but I think searching is still legal. )

With the experimental BitTorrent, you get complete ip lists of who you&#39;re trying to download from/with. This is very convenient for the RIAA/MPAA/BSA, as they DON&#39;T even have to make specialized programs of their own to do so&#33; They just have to link the ip addresses to ISPs... then make a couple phonecalls or emails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12