Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Wondering....

Originally posted by MusicChick@14 September 2003 - 11:57
    Wow that's kinda scary. Better use an anonymizer or something.
    Whats So SCARY...

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Shad0w Hacker@14 September 2003 - 04:59
    A4proxy is the best.

Here's a proxy you can use on kazaa 210.82.212.187:1813
    I've used that proxy on Kazza. It's Canadian right? That was the only one that would connect.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Yeah

This one in india
    61.11.76.116:1080

i got them both from reality

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    Originally posted by MusicChick+14 September 2003 - 12:03--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MusicChick @ 14 September 2003 - 12:03)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Shad0w Hacker@14 September 2003 - 04:59
    A4proxy is the best.

Here&#39;s a proxy you can use on kazaa 210.82.212.187:1813
    I&#39;ve used that proxy on Kazza. It&#39;s Canadian right? That was the only one that would connect. [/b][/quote]
    I&#39;ll update again tommorrow night...
    Tired at the moment...

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    MusicChick's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY+14 September 2003 - 04:53--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY &#064; 14 September 2003 - 04:53)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-MusicChick@14 September 2003 - 11:50
    Well if they had any mp3s it would be like the pot calling the kettle black. They would be doing the same thing they are accusing us of.
    Actually in theory they have the copyright so they could...

I didn&#39;t think it was possible to see what someone was downloading or doing on their computer, except if someone was a super genius hacker.
    It can be done, your ISP can see anything really...[/b][/quote]
    What&#39;s scary is that your isp can see what you do.

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Poster
    Please bear in mind that they are not prosecuting people they are suing them, on behalf of their members. So they need a balance of probability proof that you are sharing material which one of their members holds the copyright for.

So if you have 500 files and they download say 10 from you, it is reasonable to say that the other 490 are what they are described as. They would then sue you for 500 files. (I use "from you" for simplicity). I realise it is a many to one system. I am assuming that they are downloading from one sharer and not many. Either that or they are saying that, the system only works if you have the whole file. As such if you supply part of it, then you have all of it.

This is, in my opinion, the reason why not showing your list of shared files is important. That way they can only download songs which they put into a search. They cannot get a list of everything you have.

As Reality says they can also get your IP and from that trace you back to your ISP, so a method to conceal your true IP is a good idea.

7. File Sharing   -   #17
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Go here http://www.geobytes.com/IpLocator.htm?GetLocation

To see what information they can find about you.

8. File Sharing   -   #18
    Originally posted by JPaul@14 September 2003 - 12:05
    the system only works if you have the whole file. As such if you supply part of it, then you have all of it.
    Interesting, is this why they have yet to touch partial file sharing networks perhaps...

EDIT: JPaul, when I saw your post I thought for sure you were coming in to play the role of the guy at the AA again...

9. File Sharing   -   #19
    Originally posted by MusicChick@14 September 2003 - 12:05
    What&#39;s scary is that your isp can see what you do.
    They really don&#39;t care about this shit generally...
    They&#39;ve been promoting file sharing for some time untill lately.
    They only care if you exceed their limits or general TOS stuff...

10. File Sharing   -   #20
    Poster
    Originally posted by REALITY+14 September 2003 - 12:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 14 September 2003 - 12:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@14 September 2003 - 12:05
    the system only works if you have the whole file. As such if you supply part of it, then you have all of it.
    Interesting, is this why they have yet to touch partial file sharing networks perhaps...

EDIT: JPaul, when I saw your post I thought for sure you were coming in to play the role of the guy at the AA again...
    [/b][/quote]
    FastTrack is a many to one system unless I am mistaken.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast