Thread: Noob in need of guidance (Rapidshare & Megaupload)...

Poster BT Rep: +5
    I've been using BitTorrent for quite a while now, but I am completely new to using Rapidshare/Megashare/etc...and I was hoping someone could help provide a little guidance for me (and yes, I've search these forums and Google for answers to my questions, but never really found anything that help me all that much).

On a forums site like warez-bb, when someone posts a long list of rapidshare links (all of which are components of a larger file such as a movie) how does one go about downloading these linked items? Is it possible using a free rapidshare account, or is a premium account needed? Is there a firefox plugin or a download manager that can assist in making things a whole lot easier?

Is there any way to click on a couple dozen links (such as can be found here) and then have those links open in new tabs, and then begin downloading all of the items (even if I have to manually go from tab to tab and click on a download button)...or will this not work because megaupload will notice that you're trying to download from the same IP? Will a premium account allow you to be able to do this?

Can anyone provide me with a few really good starting point reference pages with lists of links from which I can download things like iPhone cracked apps, iPhone formatted movies, or regular higher-res movies?

Any help would be greatly appreciated... We've all gotta start somewhere!

Thanks!

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    Did you read the thread pinned at the top of the forum?
    https://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-fil...nalysis-321479

It looks like most of your questions are answered there. It sounds like if you just want to download a limited amount of material and are not concerned about how long it takes that a free account with a download manager will work. (Conversely if you want to download a lot and/or want the downloads quickly then you need a premium account). To find a download manager you can probably search in this forum for recommended ones--or do a Google search for something like
    Rapidshare "download manager"
    similarly for Mega Shares...

But I have used neither--perhaps an expert will come along and answer your questions.
    Last edited by PastTense; 01-30-2009 at 04:42 AM.