Thread: Microsoft Joystick Software

leonidas's Avatar Poster
    I've just buy a second hand big awesome microsoft joystick named "Microsoft Side Winder Precision Pro", but the problem is that the software isn't instalable on my pc (I got XP, and the software is windows95 workable with.)

What should I do ?
    Thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Forum Star
    try installing the joystick again, then when your asked for the driver direct it to c:\windows\inf

if this doesnt help you, go here username = drivers, password = all (log in then click that link again and its on that page)

microsoft should also have it but i cant find it there right now

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Thanks I 've tried both of your suggestion, but it didn't worked. I've also seen that I'm not the only one to have this problem.

I was wondering maybe there's a software or or a tweak to render compaptible other os 's hardware on Windows xp?
    Do you guys knows about? Or see any other solution.
    thx.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    The only thing I can think of is to google the joystick, or otherwise get a newer one.

If you search for the name of the joystic, then XP drivers, in "", you might find summat, or just search for "sidewinder XP drivers".

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    i'm a vivid flightsimmer, and yes, i have the same joystick installed with xp. i noe exactly what ur talking about, it's simple, u should have the usb connecter that came with the joystick box, simply plug the joystick into the usb port of ur comp. start up contol panel>hardware>game controllers. if it doesn't show the ms sidewinder pro, click add, and then click on microsoft sidewinder products, it'll automatically install the drivers, then just simply calibrate the joystick and ur ready to go. btw, microsoft sucks when it comes to tech support .

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    leonidas's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by cpt_azad@15 September 2003 - 06:27
    u should have the usb connecter that came with the joystick box, simply plug the joystick into the usb port of ur comp.
    We dont have exacty the same one, mine comes with a midi plug, not an usb plug.

Ps: I love that picture of keanu reeves you took for avatar.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    sorry i couldn't be of anymore help

ps: thanx!

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.