View Poll Results: Do you get motion sickness while playing games?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, always.

1 5.26%
  • Yes but only from FPS games.

4 21.05%
  • Sometimes, randomly

2 10.53%
  • No, never.

12 63.16%

Thread: Motion sickness from playing games

0control's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2

Sick

How many of you gets motion sickness while playing computer games? I do, especially First Person Shooter games (I have actually never experienced it with any other type of game). This is a great annoyance for me as I can not play what everybody else is talking about, for example Call of Duty 4.

Strangely and happily enough I did not feel sick while playing Crysis.

Anyone else who gets motion sickness of PC games?

2. Games   -   #2
    Hmm didn't realize that this was a common thing or is it uncommon ....Not that I play many games but I always feel ill after playing Unreal tournament...I have noticed that I don't seem to be bothered by games on the itouch

3. Games   -   #3
    Some games make me feel a bit weird and others have really made me want to throw up. The orange box and crackdown made me want to puke. I had to stop playing them.

I no longer play games that make me sick online because it reduces skill level in the game. Your trying to compete with other people and motion sickness at the same time. This has actually stopped a lot of my interest in modern games. When I do play them I go through on easy or use cheats so I'm not always spinning the camera around to find enemies. I get frustrated with games easily because the game itself gets annoying then the motion sickness makes it worse.

I do seem to have less problems with console games because you sit further back from the screen but still not really ideal.

4. Games   -   #4
    No, never...

5. Games   -   #5
    0control's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +2
    Quote Originally Posted by accat13 View Post
    Hmm didn't realize that this was a common thing or is it uncommon ....Not that I play many games but I always feel ill after playing Unreal tournament...I have noticed that I don't seem to be bothered by games on the itouch
    I think it is a notch over uncommon, though it is kinda taboo to talk about it between gamers

I've read some tips about what should be done; have greater distance from the monitor and the room should be lighted up well.

6. Games   -   #6
    Cabalo's Avatar FileSharingTalker BT Rep: +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24BT Rep +24
    i play a lot of online FPS and i don't get sick.
    Those include CSS, CoD4, CoD2 and battlefield 2.
    I do have to make a break to go smoke, especially during TDM @ CoD4, that can be really stressing. but no motion sickness.

7. Games   -   #7
    respawn40's Avatar Phoenix Wright :D BT Rep: +2
    I get motion sickness occasionally, whenever I play my DS while in a car, or any other kind of automobile.

I am a exsellent speller and I use grammer very good.

8. Games   -   #8
    Never happened to me, maybe because my screen is not that big

9. Games   -   #9
    S!X's Avatar L33T Member BT Rep: +5
    I used to get it while playing Golden Eye for N64 way back in the day, but nothing since that.

10. Games   -   #10
    it happens when i am sick and play games.