Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Internet Conections

wow u all seem 2 have it better than me lol

oh well at least i have learnt wat patience is

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Poster
    Yes, I am living the UK (Britain) but I think that my connection-service is un-capped. The ISP is Gio Internet - http://www.giointernet.com, but after tweaking my connection settings, I received a drastic speed increase.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    Xanex's Avatar Poster
    @Amarjit

There is no way u can tweak a bog standard 512/256 adsl connection to have the download speeds you have mentioned without hacking your isp to give u more bandwidth.

THEN you would have to live really really close to your exchange to achieve those speeds as i said b4 the adsl signal degrades faster than cable so you need to live within about 6miles of the nearest enabled exchange. AND then you would need to live near london as bulldog is the only company that offers adsl anywhere near the speeds you say you get and you only get those speeds if you live in central london.

So if there is some big secret on how you have done this i would love to know plz send me a pm and we can discuss this further other than that i think you have swapped ur gullet pipe for ur ass pipe cos either way your talking outta your ass or talking shit.

SPEED OF CONNECTION | FASTEST THEORETCAL SPEEDS

28.8k | 3.6kbps
    33.3k | 4.1kbps
    56k | 7kbps
    128k | 16kbps
    256k | 32kbps
    512k (1/2 meg) | 64kbps
    1meg | 128kbps (not the same as 128k)
    2meg | 256kbps (not the same as 256k)
    4meg | 512kbps (not the same as 512k)
    6meg | 768kbps

Speed required for 300-500kbps = 2.5meg(approx) to 4meg(approx)

and since you have stated you get 500kbps that means you have a 4meg connection. Who are your adsl providers anyway??? only name that provides 4meg is bulldogdsl

Xan

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123