Thread: What Is The Msi S Bracket?

hi what is the Msi S Bracket?is there any picture of it?thanks monkeyhead

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    i been doin that before but cant get a good result
    also does anyone own one?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    It is simply a bracket with connectors for SPDIF and analogue audio connectors for additional 4-channel output. The standard connectors can be configured for 6 channel output, but you lose microphone and line-in options. This connector allows you to have 6 channel output while retaining microphone and line-in. It also allows for digital audio via SPDIF connectors.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    For my birthday i recieved Hercules XPS 510 speakers.When i opend the box and began to install in the instructions ands it said to place a cable into a black plug,and another cable in a orange plug.I have a MSI KN720 Pro motherboard with the intergrated sound and graphics and i only hav the green(speaker),blue(midi),pink(mic) and the orange(SPDIF out).But i dont have a black port is there a way to get passed this?or is there any soundcards out there which do the job for a decent price?
    Many thanks Monkeyhead

so would the s bracket solve my problemo?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    lynx's Avatar .
    I can't find details of an MSI KN720 mobo, are you sure you've got the designation right? I will proceed assuming you mean the K7N2G motherboard.

You can certainly connect the speakers to this motherboard. If you do not need microphone or line in, the drivers allow you to reconfigure these connectors as centre/sub-woofer and rear speaker connections (microphone becomes centre/sub-woofer, line-in becomes rear speakers). Otherwise, you need the S-Bracket to enable these connections.

Note - if you decide to use the S-Bracket, you should leave the designation in the driver as 2-channel, as this is only refering to the connectors on the motherboard, not those on the S-bracket.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Poster

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    You can certainly connect the speakers to this motherboard. If you do not need microphone or line in, the drivers allow you to reconfigure these connectors as centre/sub-woofer and rear speaker connections (microphone becomes centre/sub-woofer, line-in becomes rear speakers). Otherwise, you need the S-Bracket to enable these connections.
    how?