Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentLeech is SELLING OUT

stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    No they got his PC from his house, his workplace and his dads PC in Manchester i think it was.

The actual servers were on leaseweb hence why most, but not all trackers that were on leaseweb, upped and left sharpish.

2. BitTorrent   -   #42
    The bottom line is always money.
    Poeple like to think that they have free will.
    But they always choose the house in their budget.
    They always choose the cheapest hotel in their price range.
    We like to think that service matters.
    But it's always the bottom line.
    The green back.

3. BitTorrent   -   #43
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyicious View Post
    Most people don't want to realize this. It's always about money. Not everyone is stupid enough to waste all this time in here without getting anything out of it.
    Sct/btmtv/tl are one of the smart ones taking advantage of this. I remember BCG tried the GB Bonus System once also, but i think they got rid of it after a while. Not such a good move business wise imo. You guys should implement that in BCG again.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-29-2009 at 07:45 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #44
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    But isnt the fact that we can survive without Gigs for £s testimount for something.

and no it wont be coming back, i dont agree with it at all, and we used to have it because we had nothing else.

5. BitTorrent   -   #45
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    I also always think to myself, they must try and make money out of this. I find it hard to believe that there are many people who puts a lot of effort and hours into maintaining a tracker and risk without getting something for it. Bottom line there must be something there for them to keep on going. Unless u tell me you are multi milllionaires so dont need the money to live.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 01-29-2009 at 07:56 PM.

6. BitTorrent   -   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    But isnt the fact that we can survive without Gigs for £s testimount for something.

and no it wont be coming back, i dont agree with it at all, and we used to have it because we had nothing else.
    I believe that BCG can survive without the "Gigs for money", it's been alive quite well so far. But it's not smart not to have it. Other trackers are profiting like crazy out there. It wouldn't be fair to one of the best Dedicated trackers out there not to get a little something also.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-29-2009 at 08:01 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #47
    Reason I still do it

Life would be boring without it
    The Staff that have put countless hours in for 0
    The Donators from the past and present, that have kept us alive and going
    The members that have leeched and seeded
    The members that actually care about us (which is not many, but there are some)
    The Uploaders that have kept us topped up with torrents.

it has got nothing to do with money.

8. BitTorrent   -   #48
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyicious View Post
    Most people don't want to realize this. It's always about money. Not everyone is stupid enough to waste all this time in here without getting anything out of it.
    Sct/btmtv/tl are one of the smart ones taking advantage of this. I remember BCG tried the GB Bonus System once also, but i think they got rid of it after a while. Not such a good move business wise imo. You guys should implement that in BCG again.
    I disagree with this. None of the people that I know that are really into bittorrent (and I mean, coders/big uploaders) like any of the Pay2Leech sites. Sometimes unfortunately there is no choice but to use one...

Also, people seem to think that it's a requirement and that donations don't bring in enough cash, but that's complete bullshit. Large sites easily get enough donations for really expensive servers, and so on...
    The owners of some of the largest P2L sites are blatantly making 100s of thousands, and I believe that sooner or later the police are going to go after them... Honestly, running a site in a for-profit way is just insane.
    Last edited by lhnz; 01-29-2009 at 08:03 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #49
    Quote Originally Posted by lhnz View Post
    I disagree with this. None of the people that I know that are really into bittorrent (and I mean, coders/big uploaders) like any of the Pay2Leech sites.
    Don't worry.. Soon enough they will be. just give them some time

10. BitTorrent   -   #50
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lhnz View Post
    I disagree with this. None of the people that I know that are really into bittorrent (and I mean, coders/big uploaders) like any of the Pay2Leech sites.
    Don't worry.. Soon enough they will be. just give them some time
    Don't be an idiot. I'm talking about the old-school bit-torrenters (and the technologically aware) that are just here to share. I'm really not a fan of the business-minded posers that have sprung up over the last couple of years, and lots of people aren't...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast