Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentLeech is SELLING OUT

Member BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Still TL is a very decent tracker

Amazing speeds and easy to seed, and this is a hard combination

Also, they have some complete seasons that are still seeded for more than two years

They do not force u to donate, and invites are still given to non donors

Very few downtimes, fast servers

They may be after the money, but its harmeless to users

I think TL is one of the best trackers out there

2. BitTorrent   -   #52
    Albo Da Kid's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    Quote Originally Posted by lhnz View Post
    Don't be an idiot. I'm talking about the old-school bit-torrenters (and the technologically aware) that are just here to share.
    lol, no disrespect, but those "old-school" torrenters must be the "idiots". No1 was more old-skool than the Scene members back in the day, and look where they ended up....A pay2leach ftp site.
    If your friends aren't make money via donations etc, they are probably making money by doing something else bittorrent-related, like reselling seedboxes etc...And if they aren't doing that either, then they must be some stupid lowlifes who don't have a business sense at all. Im not saying all should behave this way, but it doesn't hurt to profit from this bittorrent anti-trading BS..
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-29-2009 at 08:18 PM.

3. BitTorrent   -   #53
    DISABLED PRIVS BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Albo Da Kid View Post
    Don't be an idiot. I'm talking about the old-school bit-torrenters (and the technologically aware) that are just here to share.
    lol, no disrespect, but those "old-school" torrenters must be the "idiots". No1 was more old-skool than the Scene members back in the day, and look where they ended up....A pay2leach ftp site
    you're pretty confident about stuff you don't seem to have a clue about .. do you actually think that the scene in general are pay2leech sites? is that why they are exposing p2l sites to RIAA/MPAA etc. every once in a while to get rid of them?

you shouldn't generalize the way you do.

4. BitTorrent   -   #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Villalltheway View Post
    I also always think to myself, they must try and make money out of this. I find it hard to believe that there are many people who puts a lot of effort and hours into maintaining a tracker and risk without getting something for it. Bottom line there must be something there for them to keep on going. Unless u tell me you are multi milllionaires so dont need the money to live.
    well think about it, it could be started up as a sort of hobby, or interest. a lot of things we do in life our solely for enjoyment, such as the collection of cards (or whatever floats your boat). Starting/running a tracker would doubtlessly be hard work but ultimatly bring enjoyment (provided the site isnt a failure). It is something to work on, to build, like your own project, which people will give you feedback on (basically if your site is the dog's bollocks or a pile of piss) so, i do not think many people are in it mainly for the money, of course you had that crazy bitch running vortex-network, and there will always be accusations at sct for being a p2l site, but, its their site, let them charge what they want.. ..sct i would say is an extremely demanded site so maybe also the price tag cuts down on the amount of users coming in, makes people think twice about who they invite

5. BitTorrent   -   #55
    Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    do you actually think that the scene in general are pay2leech sites? is that why they are exposing p2l sites to RIAA/MPAA etc. every once in a while to get rid of them?
    And you don't think they are exposing other p2leech sites out of interest???

6. BitTorrent   -   #56
    stoi's Avatar BCG Owner BT Rep: +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45BT Rep +45
    And if they aren't doing that either, then they must be some stupid lowlifes who don't have a business sense at all
    I am hurt you just called me a stupid lowlife.

For me it started out because i was lazy, and couldnt be bothered to go to 20 sites to get a game for my kids, i have never once thought of it as a "business". I would be scared shitless if i was making 1000`s on this, i am pretty paranoid anyway, but making lots of cash i would be fit for taking away, in a straight jacket lol

7. BitTorrent   -   #57
    lol, no disrespect, but those "old-school" torrenters must be the "idiots". No1 was more old-skool than the Scene members back in the day, and look where they ended up....A pay2leach ftp site.
    If your friends aren't make money via donations etc, they are probably making money by doing something else bittorrent-related, like reselling seedboxes etc...And if they aren't doing that either, then they must be some stupid lowlifes who don't have a business sense at all. Im not saying all should behave this way, but it doesn't hurt to profit from this bittorrent anti-trading BS..
    ehh sorry for the double-post, but do you know anyone that is an "old-school torrenter"? they are all about sharing, also pay2leach is nothing to do with sceners tbh, so i wouldnt tar them with the same brush as that please know what you are talking about before you actually talk about it

Quote Originally Posted by danio View Post
    do you actually think that the scene in general are pay2leech sites? is that why they are exposing p2l sites to RIAA/MPAA etc. every once in a while to get rid of them?
    And you don't think they are exposing other p2leech sites out of interest???
    they expose p2l sites because of poor security, they are like gateways to the scene, that is why
    Last edited by NippleCake; 01-29-2009 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

8. BitTorrent   -   #58
    Quote Originally Posted by stoi View Post
    And if they aren't doing that either, then they must be some stupid lowlifes who don't have a business sense at all
    I am hurt you just called me a stupid lowlife.

For me it started out because i was lazy, and couldnt be bothered to go to 20 sites to get a game for my kids, i have never once thought of it as a "business". I would be scared shitless if i was making 1000`s on this, i am pretty paranoid anyway, but making lots of cash i would be fit for taking away, in a straight jacket lol
    lol stoi i didn't mean it that way.. You are one of the few that I didn't include in that sentence. ofcourse there's some that do it for the love of sharing. But most of them do it for the dough. There's plenty of p2leech harcore sites to prove this
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-29-2009 at 08:29 PM.

9. BitTorrent   -   #59
    Poster
    Um...
    You're so wrong it's funny. Last I heard many scene groups refused to affil with P2P/P2L ridden servers... Wasn't being P2L reason for a sceneban? lol.

And, lol, no disrespect, but what do you really know? You're a newbie that spends a huge amount of time hanging out on FST. Most sharing sites wouldn't want to touch you with a bargepole, let alone the real scene...

The fact I'm trying to say is that if all you can bring to the table is money, you do not really matter. Eventually somebody else is going to show a little bit of skill and you'll be gone.
    Last edited by lhnz; 01-29-2009 at 08:36 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #60
    Alright, lets seperate what we have heard from what we have seen..
    Recently I just witnessed a site owner go ballistic because the donation amount didn't cover the server costs for that month. He even threatened to shut the site down if this continued to keep going. A few days before that, I found out that this same person is a seedbox reseller. I bet a few months from now, if his site picked up well, he would do become a p2leech kind of person as well. That's how it starts. "Let's do it for the community" then "Where is my fukin money"
    Most people probably thought the same about him."Oh he's just a hardcore old-skool bittorrent fan who juts does it for the love" but turned out he wasn't. not everyone seems to be who they say they are or who you think they are.

The fact I'm trying to say is that if all you can bring to the table is money, you do not really matter. Eventually somebody else is going to show a little bit of skill and you'll be gone.
    And wtf do you know?? You're probably the only one who hangs out 24/7 uploading and discussing about bitorrenting, while your friends are out there making loot.
    Last edited by Albo Da Kid; 01-29-2009 at 08:44 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast