Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: TorrentLeech is SELLING OUT

Sanka113's Avatar Bobsled King BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by integral View Post
    the entire thing is for profit. get adblocker, stop reading their stupid news page, and just focus on their downloads. the only thing you should be worried about is your ip being handed over to authorities when they're taken down.
    I'm using adblocker but the site's display is shite now. I guess they changed something on it to mess with adblocks filters.
    See ya in another life, brother.

2. BitTorrent   -   #82
    Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Unstable1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lhnz View Post
    Or your username/password being taken, and them logging in to your other torrent site accounts to sell them on eBay...
    I wouldn't put it past them.
    Well, if you use the same password on every torrent site, one could argue you deserve it!
    No you don't. Most people have 20+ sites they use on the internet, and that's way too many usernames and passwords to remember.

In the past they used to recommend that everybody creates a different username/password for each site, but that's just not possible, and that's why people have code stuff like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID

3. BitTorrent   -   #83
    puckface's Avatar Unknown Pleasures BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70

In the past they used to recommend that everybody creates a different username/password for each site, but that's just not possible
    For Windows: http://www.roboform.com/
    For Mac: http://agilewebsolutions.com/products/1Password

both of those will generate and remember and backup all of your passwords. so, its not impossible, in fact its very easy to do. I do not have 2 sites that use the same password, and all passwords are 17 characters long and a combo or alphanumeric and symbols.
    Go Leafs Go.

4. BitTorrent   -   #84

Well, if you use the same password on every torrent site, one could argue you deserve it!
    No you don't. Most people have 20+ sites they use on the internet, and that's way too many usernames and passwords to remember.

In the past they used to recommend that everybody creates a different username/password for each site, but that's just not possible, and that's why people have code stuff like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenID

I use the same username on every site but a different password on every site. I keep the passwords in a text file, password protected inside a rar file for when I need to look a password up.

You're a fool if you use the same username and password on every site you use.
    Last edited by Unstable1; 01-30-2009 at 03:53 PM.

5. BitTorrent   -   #85
    Aerozin's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    k, i will tell u the truth.

TL is going to close , and they want to gather as much $$ as they can before closing it

just kidding :p

6. BitTorrent   -   #86
    ban's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    Quote Originally Posted by Funkin' View Post
    I couldn't care any less about what the owners of TL do. As long the releases keep coming for me to illegally download for free, then they can do whatever they want.
    +1 , why all trackers most have small commuty be hard to get so ppl to appreciate them ,why a tracker cannot not have 150000 users and still be appreciated at his true value tl is a great tracker white good speed , pretime and content So that is the problem if hi if are so many users or if staff wants to take some money
    http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/images/usersig/sigpic209538_1.gif

7. BitTorrent   -   #87
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerozin View Post
    k, i will tell u the truth.

TL is going to close , and they want to gather as much $$ as they can before closing it

just kidding :p
    I was preparing for rant
    (\/)
    (O.o)
    (><)
    /_|_\
    Copy the bunny to your siggy to help him achieve world domination

8. BitTorrent   -   #88
    id have to agree, selling out, makes me sad...the forums are dead, all those users and no community!

9. BitTorrent   -   #89
    Tokeman's Avatar Ron Paul 2012 BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30

I use the same username on every site but a different password on every site. I keep the passwords in a text file, password protected inside a rar file for when I need to look a password up.

You're a fool if you use the same username and password on every site you use.
    Ditto. 1 text file, inside 1 password protected rar. Keep that rar in an email box and on a flashy and you're set!
    Not hard...

Anyone who gets 'hacked' for having the same user/pass or even similar username/pass on multiple sites deserves to loose their accounts, sorry.

10. BitTorrent   -   #90
    WHY SO SERIOUS? BT Rep: +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18BT Rep +18
    lol what r u talking about, selling out?
    they are money making machines which is their main interest, do you know how much the admin profits a month? you would be shocked...
    since when has TL been about community? lol

look all this doesnt prevent it from possibly being the best tracker out there but make no mistake, maybe they started out once with different interests but i can assure you that today surely are not a community tracker
    My Dream : AN ORGY WITH TRIPLETS (shit, you didn't think i dream of something lame like rare trackers now did you?)

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast