Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TorrentLeech is SELLING OUT

Sick

In the last few days, we've seen:

1. Massive Travian promotions, first in the form of official announcements, then in the form of recurring IRC invite giveaways. This means that forget dedication, forget people who know what BitTorrent is, forget upholding the community, just register on Travian so that TL get their money from affiliation, and presto! you're in.

2. Secretive forum posts from w00t saying that 'if you have a credit card with $10 on it, PM me and you'll get a year's VIP membership'... no more details.

3. And now a poker tournament where the fee for joining is $11... according to mansionpoker.com, affiliates get 20% of net revenue.

I'm disappointed. TL is moving from a tracker where dedication and community actually means something, to a tracker where only money matters. This is so contrary to the ethos that they were once spearheading. Will they go the same way as MovieX?

Discuss. Am I alone in thinking this?

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    The_Martinator's Avatar I is posting MACHINE BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    Well, you have to remember that people tend to get greedy when they smell money.
    150 000+ members means big bucks as long as some of them actually pay.

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Funkin''s Avatar home skillet BT Rep: +4
    I couldn't care any less about what the owners of TL do. As long the releases keep coming for me to illegally download for free, then they can do whatever they want.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    yeah, it's a bit ridiculous, but i can ignore it

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    redMonster's Avatar Flying Without Wings BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    I think you are too late in realizing this. One of TL's main agenda has always been to gain money and I think a site so big as TL always need money. But I agree, they have gone overboard in their ways to collect donations.
    Click here if you want to join TTC

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Martinator View Post
    Well, you have to remember that people tend to get greedy when they smell money.
    150 000+ members means big bucks as long as some of them actually pay.
    more like 300,000 members and thats before they enabled the invite system again lol
    Friendly torrent site with great classics
    http://www.torrentrush.info

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    dragos's Avatar . BT Rep: +11BT Rep +11BT Rep +11
    Quote Originally Posted by DryingFizzle View Post

I'm disappointed. TL is moving from a tracker where dedication and community actually means something, to a tracker where only money matters.

it was there since long ago man. Where you not paying attention ? Community ? Dedication ? At TL ? Are you drinking something over there ?

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    Swift's Avatar twat BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    lol ... TL a community =))) maybe of seeders and leechers but nothing else

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    sert's Avatar t r e s BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    Quote Originally Posted by dragos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DryingFizzle View Post

I'm disappointed. TL is moving from a tracker where dedication and community actually means something, to a tracker where only money matters.

it was there since long ago man. Where you not paying attention ? Community ? Dedication ? At TL ? Are you drinking something over there ?

Well sorry but I have to agree with dragos, there is no sense of community, however I am not sure what he means by dedication. Its an excellent tracker though, covering almost all scene releases.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Poster BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    TL is an awesome site, but the forums are near dead. IRC isn't bad but meh. However tracker side they are doing awesome, great speeds, lots of leechers, personal compilations/cracks.

They're doing just fine if you ask me

Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast