View Poll Results: What's your favorite internet browser?

Voters
100. You may not vote on this poll
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer

4 4.00%
  • Mozilla Firefox

75 75.00%
  • Google Chrome

6 6.00%
  • Safari

3 3.00%
  • Mozilla Camino

0 0%
  • Opera

7 7.00%
  • Maxthon

1 1.00%
  • Flock

0 0%
  • Other

4 4.00%
Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Browser | What's Your Favorite?

central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9

Question Mark

Morning FST,

With all this MSFT and I.E. discussion, I'm curious to ask - What's your favorite internet browser ? AND, more importantly Why? Is it the addons, memory usage, load time, interface, bells and whistles, etc. etc?

Last edited by central2rbay; 02-03-2009 at 06:54 AM.

Central2RBay

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Frankthetank1's Avatar Über User BT Rep: +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25BT Rep +25
    ff all the way
    “Just because you’re miserable doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy your life.”

DO NOT RANDOMLY PM ME ASKING FOR INVITES!

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    wow how original.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    central2rbay's Avatar The H.K. Guru BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    If IE didn't exist post hard OS installation, would people reinstall IE for the sake of having IE?... To have proper or what we know to be a "default" browsing experience? Given web browsers are central to how one interacts with the internet, do people choose a particular browsing experience because the person to one's left and right says, "It's simply the best..."? Why why why. Admittedly, I too am a huge Firefox advocate... but what differences in my FF experience vs. IE experience turned me?

I'm curious to ask: Why have you all chosen FF as your preferred method of browsing the net? Is it the look, feel, system utilization, components, add-ons, security... etc. etc.? If MSFT can continue to produce browsers that provide visual experiences to that of say FF, is that "enough" to make it your default?

And what about the other dozen and a half other browsers? Has anyone tried anything new, aside from the mainstream names?

While the poll perhaps is basic, they're still so many interesting underlying questions with regards to one's preferred browsing method. Hmmmmm, Browser Poll 2.0 is in the making - I won't disappoint lol.
    Last edited by central2rbay; 01-31-2009 at 06:00 PM.

Central2RBay

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster BT Rep: +2
    Firefox is the best with its add-ons

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by central2rbay View Post
    I'm curious to ask: Why have you all chosen FF as your preferred method of browsing the net? Is it the look, feel, system utilization, components, add-ons, security... etc. etc.? If MSFT can continue to produce browsers that provide visual experiences to that of say FF, is that "enough" to make it your default?
    Customization.
    The downfall of most microsoft programs (for me) is the lack of customization of how their programs work, look, feel.
    I like to be able to adjust things to work exactly as I need them to.
    For example in a browser I want my layout of address bar, buttons, search bar, tabs to be a certain way. I have unlimited options in firefox because of 1) the default choice of positions, 2) addons, 3) my own customizations with chrome.

That's the same reason I don't use Opera or Safari, not as much customization as FF, although I know they are overall better browsers.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    ConkiZz's Avatar Arrrgh! BT Rep: +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40BT Rep +40
    Ff3 ftw!

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Netscape Navigator.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    slither99's Avatar Member
    Having to use IE6 at work is the main reason I refuse to use it at home. if I weren't forced to use it at work it would be uninstalled in seconds. It is just THAT bad of a browser.

I can't comment on the more up-to-date versions because I never use them and never will based on how bad IE6 is.

Oh and I use FF 3.0. Leaps and bounds better than IE
    Last edited by slither99; 02-01-2009 at 11:53 PM.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    only firefox i havent used ie for a longtime

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast