Thread: adjusting the lens on cd players

weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    adjusting the lens on cd players i have a cd jukebox and it doesnt like new disc and jsut fickle on others even though the disc a clean the skip or play garbled was told by a man who works on the playes a nsm cdm 3 that you must lube it to make sure it moves freely and clean it but what got me was he said adjust the lens so it will play new disc and even computer burned disc ...i dunno hoping someone else does
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    lynx's Avatar .
    I found this page which gives some instruction on servicing cdm players, but it doesn't include the cdm3

http://www.pinvan.com/CDMPRO/cdservice.html

There's nothing there about adjusting lenses and I don't believe it can be done since the "optical pick-up" is a fixed unit without any serviceable parts. What he may mean is adjusting the disk to lens distance which is done on the disk mounting.

There's a little bit about that adjustment in the last page of instructions for the NSM ES1V on this site:
    http://digitalmicrousa.com/Digital%2...20page%201.htm
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    weenden's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30BT Rep +30
    hey lynx thx alot ill check it out
    im just a frigen dreamer and im waiting for them to come true ....trust(trst)n. 1. Firm reliance on the integrity, ability, or character of a person or thing.
    2. Custody; care.
    3. Something committed into the care of another; charge.
    4. a. The condition and resulting obligation of having confidence placed in one.
    b. One in which confidence is placed.
    "and Yes people have put trust in me""and i thank you all"