Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Uk Travel

Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    In 1983, your beer was not cold, has that been fixed?
    Hobbes

I did mention to avoid that swill they call beer in the south....(Warm and Flat eww )

In the North its Cold, as it should be...

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+15 September 2003 - 01:02--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced &#064; 15 September 2003 - 01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-samsamsamsam@14 September 2003 - 23:54
    Let me add to samsamsamsam&#39;s recommendations by pointing out that the American Tourist Industry place Newcastle Upon Tyne in the Top Ten in the world for a good night out....
    One of the best cities in the UK for a night out
    New Orleans and Rio are in the UK?

They were on the same list [/b][/quote]
    New Orleans?

Actually a great American city, but I have no boobs to appease the locals. I guess I must work that much harder to win their afffection.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Sorry - typo. (not the world - the North East of England)

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Why&#39;s your employer suggesting the UK? Try to find an angle for a trip to South East Asia - dirt cheap, fun, interesting, better weather, and is no where near Doncaster (never lived there but probably the worst city in the world).

I know you want to check out ancestry but look down the tree some more. Apart from that, you&#39;re very welcome here and enjoy your visit.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Hobbes

I think you would be safe most places - but I wouldn&#39;t recommend sitting in a perspex box. We already have an American doing that and he is coming in for a little gentle ribbing. (I thought the remote control helicopter dangling a burger particularly inventive)

Glasgow has an ill-deserved reputation for being a bit rough - it has a lot of fine restaurants and watering holes - and lots of very cold beer and bars that stay open into the small hours.

Enjoy you trip.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

6. Lounge   -   #26
    but I wouldn&#39;t recommend sitting in a perspex box. We already have an American doing that and he is coming in for a little gentle ribbing. (I thought the remote control helicopter dangling a burger particularly inventive)

lol

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Seriously, just stick to England, you don&#39;t want to be going anywhere else, there is no point. There is nothing of cultural or historic significance anywhere else in the UK. I hope you enjoy your visit, if you make it.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes

JPaul, are you on commission from the English tourist board?

Would you deny Hobbes the delights of haggis, shortbread, kilts and the Sunday Post? Oh such perfidy&#33; We have to suffer can&#39;t we share it around?

Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

9. Lounge   -   #29
    thewizeard's Avatar re-member BT Rep: +1
    While you are over you should visit the Netherlands...Somehow I think you would like it more than the UK. The beer is better. They have still to learn in the UK how to brew decent beer, north or south.

If you&#39;re determined to go to the UK, then I would suggest Armour. You could probably pick some up pretty cheap in the east end of London. The best defense you can take with you is,..... manners.....(doesn&#39;t work everywhere)

10. Lounge   -   #30
    I got some "manners" last night on eBay but they haven&#39;t arrived yet, you assh*le.

I guess my concern is not my overall safety walking about, it was more the pub scene. Last time there I was just a wee lad, not old enough for such endeavors.

Over here, people are fascinated with British and Australian accents, it is a total chick magnet. If you are in a bar, the locals are more likely to buy a beer for your accent than anything else. You&#39;re like a little celebrity.

I was just wondering the reaction to an American accent in a crowded bar. Would old JPaul arise from his seat in the back, with a sudden hush descending. Would he say, "O&#39; looky here, it George Dub-yah, &#39;ello govna&#39;&#33; " Switchblades start to click open.

I have watched American Werewolf in London, so I know not to ask "what that thing on the wall is?" You are placed on the moors at night for this offense.
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast