Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: An easy way to boost your private tracker ratio!

hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabalo View Post
    this thread is a perfect how-not-to.
    ROFL.
    You suggest hit n' run in the first site to seed at the second.

(mental reminder: do not invite this guy ever to any site.)
    --> original post edited

I made this thread in order to help beginner torrenters, then it's up to them to use it responsibly. If people decide to just hit and run on a tracker where it's not allowed or don't seed enough, well they will then assume the consequences of their lack of responsibility and get banned from that tracker.

Cabalo, Isn't a community, among other things, a place where you share knowledge with people?
    Is this the way you welcome new members here? With that kind of sarcastic and unrespectful "sense of humour"?

Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    My real opinion? I don't thing the poster had any bad intention creating this thread. You "staff and flawless users" are always asking newcomers to help this community. When they try with what they have (not always an awesome idea or tip) you are real fast to come and flame it instead of fast and simply argue that there is a better way for doing something or that it is just wrong.

I was not born torrenting. I don't know everything about it (far from this) and I'm "sure" learning something new almost everytime I come to this nice forum... while other attitudes I just can't understand.
    Wow Somebody actually came to this thread with no intention to light it on fire.
    I am truly amazed.
    Thank you.

H.
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-04-2009 at 10:09 PM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #22
    NON TRADER BT Rep: +13BT Rep +13BT Rep +13
    this practice is also known as pre-seeding .... which most trackers do not have rules against.. but, its really frowned upon.. personally, i feel its a cheat on the tracker.. many trackers have uploaders that work hard to make sure a tracker has the the new releases up as fast as they can.. note: not all trackers have auto uploaders.. with that said, doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts... it discourages them from wanting to upload anyfurther, which hurts the tracker in the end... and for what?? so some lazy person can make their e-penis grow?? thats one of my pet peives! and you really must be a lamer to think you have to do this.. all it shows is that your a lazy torrenter!

doesn't matter if you have a slow connection.. thats an excuse not a reason as many, many users of tracker can get good ratios by seeding normally.. it might take a bit longer.. but, its absolutely doable.. besides the fact that most tracker now-a-days have FL, Ratio Free, bonuses, ect.. to help their users with ratio if they need help.. if a users can't be bothered with taking advantage of those things proivided.. they have no business using trackers... for lack of common sense!
    TRADING SUCKS DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. BitTorrent   -   #23
    lol!
    Good idea but let us refine it a bit. When you get a bad ratio on a tracker. It is simple ... stop all downloads and seed all the downloaded torrents at full speed eventually you would be able to get your ratio back. While in the meanwhile you can download your torrents at some other trackers .

It looks very aritficial to me to download from one tracker in order to upload it on another.It means double work. you have to upload the same amount of data two times one at the tracker from which you have downloaded (as good torrent ethics call for return back what you get at least 1:1) and one at the tracker on which you want to improve your ratio.

Now let us take a look from another angle ....let us suppose you have downloaded a torrent from one tracker. Now you should seed it back fully i.e at least 1:1 ratio. But you are also member of another tracker so you can use the downloaded torrent to also seed on the other tracker to help the members there. well you can't lose here it is a win win situation. you would get better ratio, better reputation and above all would help a few members when seeding. There is a slight difference between the present idea and the original idea amd I think anyone should be able to distinguish between the two.
    Last edited by RizKhan25000; 02-03-2009 at 01:00 PM. Reason: accidently submitted the incomplete post.

4. BitTorrent   -   #24
    D1zkK1ll's Avatar Poster
    wow this is a very poor trick and i think every noob know this...
    this thread is shit.. and well you can choose a torrent that has a lot of leechers but maybe thats only part leechers.. and if you have soo many time to leech this file from a other tracker for seeding on the second tracker then is this tracker veryvery slow and shit... releases should be full shared under 30minutes....

5. BitTorrent   -   #25
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RizKhan25000 View Post
    lol!
    Congrats! You got one more post! This is really funny

6. BitTorrent   -   #26
    Lovestoned's Avatar #Indie BT Rep: +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35BT Rep +35
    This is also known as preseeding.

And is only applicable to 0day/general trackers and most of them frown on this, but not for TL I think since they're just in for the money.
    Back after going through many ordeals of paying for my internet.

7. BitTorrent   -   #27
    lol!
    Thanks friend return to the post again and read it once more. you have missed something
    Last edited by RizKhan25000; 02-03-2009 at 01:02 PM.

8. BitTorrent   -   #28
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1

Thanks friend return to the post again and read it once more. you have missed something
    Now it looks more like a post indeed.

9. BitTorrent   -   #29
    hoodeh's Avatar Magic Doctor
    Quote Originally Posted by D1zkK1ll View Post
    wow this is a very poor trick and i think every noob know this...
    this thread is shit.. and well you can choose a torrent that has a lot of leechers but maybe thats only part leechers.. and if you have soo many time to leech this file from a other tracker for seeding on the second tracker then is this tracker veryvery slow and shit... releases should be full shared under 30minutes....

Here's some piece of advice for you:
    How about you go back to grammar school, learn some english grammar and spelling, maybe even have the teachers teach you some respect, and then perhaps you could come back here and expose clearly some opinions with arguments instead of waisting your time and everybody else's that read your useless posts.

Quote Originally Posted by jasperr View Post
    this practice is also known as pre-seeding .... which most trackers do not have rules against.. but, its really frowned upon.. personally, i feel its a cheat on the tracker.. many trackers have uploaders that work hard to make sure a tracker has the the new releases up as fast as they can.. note: not all trackers have auto uploaders.. with that said, doing this takes away from the uploaders hard work/resources/money and robs them of their efforts... it discourages them from wanting to upload anyfurther, which hurts the tracker in the end... and for what?? so some lazy person can make their e-penis grow?? thats one of my pet peives! and you really must be a lamer to think you have to do this.. all it shows is that your a lazy torrenter!

doesn't matter if you have a slow connection.. thats an excuse not a reason as many, many users of tracker can get good ratios by seeding normally.. it might take a bit longer.. but, its absolutely doable.. besides the fact that most tracker now-a-days have FL, Ratio Free, bonuses, ect.. to help their users with ratio if they need help.. if a users can't be bothered with taking advantage of those things proivided.. they have no business using trackers... for lack of common sense!
    Again, as I said to the other people that looked at this preseeding thing from such a negative angle, try to see it as a global thing, re-read my last post, and if you try to actually understand the logic of how trackers work, with the effect that a big number of users have on them, then you will see that this doesn't have any negative impact on any tracker whatsoever.
    It's just plain logic.

lol!
    Good idea but let us refine it a bit. When you get a bad ratio on a tracker. It is simple ... stop all downloads and seed all the downloaded torrents at full speed eventually you would be able to get your ratio back. While in the meanwhile you can download your torrents at some other trackers .

It looks very aritficial to me to download from one tracker in order to upload it on another.It means double work. you have to upload the same amount of data two times one at the tracker from which you have downloaded (as good torrent ethics call for return back what you get at least 1:1) and one at the tracker on which you want to improve your ratio.

Now let us take a look from another angle ....let us suppose you have downloaded a torrent from one tracker. Now you should seed it back fully i.e at least 1:1 ratio. But you are also member of another tracker so you can use the downloaded torrent to also seed on the other tracker to help the members there. well you can't lose here it is a win win situation. you would get better ratio, better reputation and above all would help a few members when seeding. There is a slight difference between the present idea and the original idea amd I think anyone should be able to distinguish between the two.
    Now finally some positive thinking!
    Very good idea indeed, I actually do that the other way around, by seeding it first to the tracker where my ratio needs saving, and then later to the other one where my ratio is solid.

Edit:
    There is one thing though, when you say:
    You forget that in the contrary this saves you some trouble. I don't think you fully understand the logic of this either. Unstead of downloading a file from 2 trackers and uploading it to those 2 trackers, you are actually only downloading it once (why bother downloading it twice since it's the same file) and still uploading to the 2 trackers, so this is not double work as you call it.
    Last edited by hoodeh; 02-03-2009 at 01:54 PM.

10. BitTorrent   -   #30
    Villalltheway's Avatar Paint it Pink BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by pone44 View Post
    Yes this is very old information.

Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I wonder what would happen if everyone choose to do that?
    It would suck! I would think-half seeded files.
    lol exactly tell me something i dont know. I personally never do this but i swear some trackers dont mind if people do this and even tell u in their tutorials how to upload files that u have that are the same as files that they have.

Don't know if it still there but BitmeTV used to have a guide saying almost the same things.
    U know what i was thinking the exact thing.
    Last edited by Villalltheway; 02-03-2009 at 01:49 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast